G'day from W.A

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakesGrandad

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Greets all

Well I'm now the proud Grandfather of a 5 month old Stimson Python named ''Baby''.

The snake was purchased two weeks ago for my 10 year old daughter, who has wanted her own snake for years, after much badgering from her and my wife.

Don't worry I had an enclosure, hides, water. thermostat temperature control, heating pad. ceramic heating and the rest sorted before we brought little snaky home. Also thanks to forums like these did my research on the do's and don'ts of snake keeping.

Purchased the enclosure last September but kept putting the girls off thinking the ''I want a snake'' phase would pass. It didn't. Heat range in the enclosure varies from 35C to 29c and a few spots, depending on location, in-between. Baby seems fairly settled and has eaten twice in the two and a half weeks since adoption.

Baby has been handled about 3 times since she moved in and seems to tolerate it well and does not seem to be fearful.She is very active at night, exploring her enclosure, but seems to just veg out during the daytime.

Just about to start work on a fake rock wall background for her as she has displayed a desire to climb by sitting atop the fluro cage.

Well got to go...great forum.;)

Welcome to the hobby man, hope you enjoy the Site.

Welcome. Always good to see another WA member.
I may have read it wrong but is 29 degrees the coldest the enclosure gets? It's important to have a colder side in the low to mid 20's.

Welcome. Always good to see another WA member.
I may have read it wrong but is 29 degrees the coldest the enclosure gets? It's important to have a colder side in the low to mid 20's.

Depending on the position and height he/she adopts at the cooler end of the 90cm x 60cm x 60cm enclosure, a suitable spot 24C to 25C can be had. Little bugger seems to relish the heat though and generally inhabits the hottest areas.

I have set the night time ambient temp to drop to 25C at the hot end. But she/he has the option, if desired, of underbelly heat at night with a thermostat controlled heating rock which runs 24/7.

So basically I'm giving 12 hours of daytime heat/light and 12 hours cooler/night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back