Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythons73

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Howdy all,could some1 please ID this gecko for me,thanx in advance...

Last edited:
gehyra variegata, where was this found, they are not native to here, found out west

(or might be a marbled gecko, not 100% sure as the tail is regenerted but can see some of that orange colouring.) thanks.

do you have anymore pics? if it was found at kempsey it is a tourist :lol: ring up national park, they will let you put it onto license as the whereabouts it came from would be unknown, someone else from our herp group had a dtella turn up from western nsw somewhere. this guy is either a variegated dtella or marbled gecko (as I said before, I am leanng more towards marbled gecko no that I had a good look at the pics) thanks.

That is Christinus marmoratus, not a Gehyra (sorry Ryan look at the toes....not claws on the ends of the pads) if it was found on the mid nsw coast its a translocated/escapee, hand it to NPWS

Cheers,
Scott

thanks scott, didnt notice the toes, I am not that good at id'ing yet. in my second post I was leaning towards the marbled but I still wasnt sure, I was just pressuming because the orange on the tail. mark, where did it come from? thanks.

So by the looks of it ive got a stowaway,so where are these things found,what area.Are they are NSW species,ive rang NPW and explained the situation,seriously some of those ppl that work there,are basically useless.Long story short some1 should be coming to collect it,hopefully...So can any1 confirm what it is....cheers.

Last edited:
it is a marbled gecko as eipper said. how did it get to you though? they are found down south and south west ish, just check the field guide, I have only seen them at the warrumbungles, but thats the only place within their range I have gone herping

Well i got a phone call from A lady from NPW,she told me to just let it go,but as others suggested its not locale to here,so ive still got it.On Monday morning i shall try again,hopefully get someone thats knows what their talking about...until then,i will keep it....

just keep it... if its not from your area you cant just let it go. Im sure someone on here could write it up for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back