Gecko info please?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved_Reptiles

Reaction score
Hi everyone, well I'm hoping to add one or two geckos to my reptile family and would like some ideas. I'm getting a tank that is 45x45x45 and I am keen on Levis or Amyae (although a little more pricey) and I'm sure theres others I've taken a liking to. My main question is it better to keep one on their own or a male and female or 2 females together? I have no intentions of breeding them, so any advice on temperament amongst them would be great!

I keep mine on there own, just for ease of record keeping.
But I know plenty who keep them in pairs with no troubles.

the only geckos i can keep together in harmony in that size tank are the strophurus ciliaris or you could even have golden tails. The smooth knobtails i tend to keep most of the time separate from each other. With the levis and Amyae the 45cm height would be wasted as floor space is way more important .

I keep singly, in male/female pairs and trios (1 male 2 females) with no worries at all. You will end up with eggs if you want them or not if you keep m/f in the same tank :)

Just a few questions 2 could you keep a levis in a 60 L x 60 H x 30 D ?
And do they need uv light?

no uv, only spiney tails need uv that is the strophurus species, the height would be wasted but the floor space is fine for levis. They are not climbers hence you really dont need a tank taller then 30cm.

Thats helpful to know, I'm happy to have 2 together but if there's a good chance of fighting I didn't want to waste my time or money. I'm also glad to hear the floor space is adequate, even if the height may be wasted. Thanks guys!

2 should be fine together Jess, get 2 young ones and grow them up together and you shouldn't have any dramas.

2 should be fine together Jess, get 2 young ones and grow them up together and you shouldn't have any dramas.

Cheers for that, if I can get the money together sometime soon I may come sand see yourself for them as you're local to me too! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back