Geckophiles!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
awsum.......... well boa.... and anyone else... may be interested in doing some offspring swapping down the track when the gecko's start dropping eggs and i get the incubation down pat..... i take it ring tailed eggs at the standard 29-32 dagrees is fine ?

awsum.......... well boa.... and anyone else... may be interested in doing some offspring swapping down the track when the gecko's start dropping eggs and i get the incubation down pat..... i take it ring tailed eggs at the standard 29-32 dagrees is fine ?

Definately don't count your ringtails before they hatch. Laying eggs is easy. Getting the eggs laid in an appropriate site is harder. Ignore what is written about foreign Cyrtodactylus as it just does not apply to our species. Then comes the hatching. Incubation period 90-300+ days. Don't throw a cytro egg out until it explodes or grows hair. It is a very steep learning curve with this species and they are certainly one of the more challenging species. I never had a viable egg in my first three years until I started ignoring what was written about them. I would also highly recommend UV for breeding females.

I have written the Cyrto chapter for my book and just need to type it up. I'll let you know when its ready and send you a copy .

I have not worked cyrto incubation out. The season before last I had a clutch of 2 and a clutch of 1 laid on the same day. They were all placed in the same incubation container. 1 hatched at 93 days, 1 at 150 days and the other at 190 days. Same tub, same temp, same everything. The yanks have a similar species that has been known to suddenly erupt from an incubation diapause (when they are in this long rest stage they are fully formed already) with sudden wetting (large wad of wet spaghnum over the eggs). Apparently this happens with some chameleons as well. Something to try this coming season

update.... i am picking up my mates adult proven breeding female ring taild gex so that now puts me at 1 male 2 females im loading them with calcium heres some more pix of my yonuger female

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back