Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThingsReptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
well, as some people may know, i have posted a lot of useless threads asking about herps that i didnt end up getting, i got all hyped up etc.

anyways, this time its not just me getting exited over nothing, i have a cage, a heat mat, and al i need is gecko+accessories, which is what this thread is about:
which gecko should i get?
what are the housing requirements?
feeding?
misting?

i have a 20 watt reptile one heat mat and the cage is 2f x 1f x 1f

cheers guys

I would recommend knobtails all the way mate :)

I am a little bias but they would go great in a tank of that size

Are you sure your actually going to get something this time. Or are u asking all these question for no reason again. As you seem to do every week with a new species that you happen to stumble across that someone else has posted. Please for everyones sakes have a good think about what your about to post before you post it. Because most questions have been asked and answered on dozens of threads it's only a matter of using the search function and not wasting our time.

Cheers Barf

yes barf, this is for real this time, as i have said, i have the enclosure, heat mat, and green light from parents
all i need is to save some cash, and figure out what species i want

and to everyone, i apologise for my stupid threads, that wont happen anymore

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/chit-chat-39/apology-157244/#post1907833 <- happy? i apologised to the whole forum...

Last edited:
Why don't you find a gecko that you really want instead of asking everyone else what you want??

Why don't you find a gecko that you really want instead of asking everyone else what you want??
because im not a gecko expert, i dont know all the species of gecko....so im asking some people who ACTUALLY know about gecko's, what gecko would be good for a newbie

i like knob-tails
but as i have said, i want to explore the world of gecko's and find something really nice instead if getting the first thing i like

I keep Levis,Asper,Amyae,Wheleeri,Spiney tails. It's hard to say what you will like. Each species is different in their own little way but generally all similar. Its best to see them in the flesh first I guess as going by pictures is different. See if Scales in Wodonga has any geckos at the moment - you may get to see some of them in the flesh.

they dont, i go there all the time mate, they are my go to shop for all herp stuff, david and josh (who own it) are really great blokes, really helpful, and always up for a chat

Oh and husbandry I keep mine in tubs in a rack with heat cord. Hot end about 32 degrees. Mist two times a week. I try to feed hatchie geckos every 1-2 days and adults a bit less.

Yes I went to school with David, I know him well. Top bloke.

Oh and husbandry I keep mine in tubs in a rack with heat cord. Hot end about 32 degrees. Mist two times a week. I try to feed hatchie geckos every 1-2 days and adults a bit less.

is that for all your gecko species?

oh, and will the heat mats built in cut off good enough, or will i need a thermostat aswell?

when i bought it, i was told it cuts off at 50 degrees

Yes,same for all my geckos except spiney tails which do better with a bit of UV so are in a glass enclosure. Thermostat is used in the rack system for sure - I wouldn't want them to overheat.

yeh, this is a 2X1X1 glass enclosure, and i think i have decided on levis, as they arent amazingly expensive

i should say the heat mat cuts of when the mat itself is 50 degrees, but yeh a thermostat seems the way to go

sand as a substrate im guessing?

thanks for all the help, i have found a great caresheet, with all the info i need

when i get the little guy i will post pics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back