Geko's or Blue Tongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue tongues stink - and I mean that in every aspect of the word.

Definitely go for some geckos mate, after your first one you'll be hooked and know why people keep them. Plus they come in a large variety of shapes, sizes and colours.

To the people saying you can't handle geckos.. So what? Buy a dog.

richardsc, very impressive multifasciata. Do you breed these regularly? What do newborns sell for? I rarely hear about this species.

Rocket, don't go over to the dark side! Remember your place on the gecko side...

maybe u guys are just to scared of bigger lizards,lol

yes ive smelt bluetongue poop,but have you smelt lace monitor poop,makes bluey poop smell like roses

i guess geckoes are really nice to watch in captivity,explains why they are often kept in rack set ups in tubs u can barely see through,so u can sit back and watch there awsomeness of color which the heat cord helps to bring out ,hard to walk past and not notice them,lol

View attachment 247848View attachment 247849View attachment 247850View attachment 247851View attachment 247852View attachment 247853

couple of my crap ones

View attachment 247854View attachment 247855View attachment 247857View attachment 247859View attachment 247860View attachment 247861View attachment 247862View attachment 247863

few more even crappier ones,why i keep these fugly crap things i do not know,they are no where near the high class of geckoes

One of my crappy rack's

Nice rack gibblore and the gecko house are nice too!
Id keep geckos over blues anyday blue tongues are the obese chick u would take home after a night out and all the pretty girls and your friends have left.... Mopeds of the reptile world :p

there is a thing called cleaning up after a bluey,i guess if you arent willing to keep them clean geckoes are a good comprimise there,can let there poop build up before cleaning them,also not sure what sort of dog u have that you freely handle,but even a small dogs turds smell worse than a blueys,heck even there farts stink,rofl

QUOTE=Gibblore;2172922]Cheers mate still have couple more tanks to go in and clean up my mess, Click clacks EVERYWHERE!! at the moment lol[/QUOTE]

nice rack set up gibblore,much better than click clacks everywhere :p

so ,still waiting on an answer of why blueys are crap and why would u recommend a gecko over a bluey to someone new to lizards?

are geckoes easier to keep?better begginners lizards???????,better because that arent fat and ugly???????do better in outdoor enclosures??????better because u can let there cages get dirty for a year with out needing to clean them?????

or is it because they are classed as beginners reptiles and it just isnt cool to have them,at least give a half reasonable answer ,stink or like a fat ugly chick u pick up at the pub,or just plain crap is a pathetic answer,no offence

Last edited:
Speaking of crap have you ever smelled bluetounge leavings OMG. Geckos are much more pleasent to deal with any day.
I keep both but i have to say the woodie colony and the crickets i have to breed make a much more disgusting smell than the blueys , bluey poop is not so bad the problem is people feed them cat food and other rubbish , they should be eating greens and some proteins, but not commecial cat food and banana all the time.

QUOTE=Gibblore;2172922]Cheers mate still have couple more tanks to go in and clean up my mess, Click clacks EVERYWHERE!! at the moment lol[/QUOTE]

nice rack set up gibblore,much better than click clacks everywhere :p

so ,still waiting on an answer of why blueys are crap and why would u recommend a gecko over a bluey to someone new to lizards?

are geckoes easier to keep?better begginners lizards???????,better because that arent fat and ugly???????do better in outdoor enclosures??????better because u can let there cages get dirty for a year with out needing to clean them?????

or is it because they are classed as beginners reptiles and it just isnt cool to have them,at least give a half reasonable answer ,stink or like a fat ugly chick u pick up at the pub,or just plain crap is a pathetic answer,no offence[/QUOTE]

I don't belive i called them crap, I used that word in reference to their leavings and my rack set up. Moving on I have kept blue tounges in the past not the amount or the range of them that you keep and have only been keeping geckos for around 4 years now.

I don't have any scientific data or reports that make them better. I just find them a more interesting and diverse species to maintain. Have you ever kept geckos and if so what type just out of interest.

havnt kept any mate,but havnt said they are crap either,just recommended one type over the other for a probable begginer and stated why,definatly nothing against geckoes,i keep skinks monitors and dragons,was just curious as to why olk say blueys are crap,stink,ect ect,with out a reason why

Probaly they have kept them before and moved on to something else joke's. I have sold numerious Thick-tailed Geckos to so called newbys and they have had no problem with them and quite enjoy them. I was thinking 1 of those black blue-tounges but went for accies instead this year. But may get 1 next year.

i gathered some was joking,and i know some gex are great as beginners animals to,also know they are all addictive,lol,and everyone has there faves,just think for ease of feeding ect,blueys are probably better all round as a begginer animal

truth be told,some blueys are kept in racks to

Bluies just really don't tickle my fancy at all but if u like em that's cool each to there own id just never keep them again as they just annoyed me and took up space.... I'd rather keep beardies :p

both are a good choice. Just go with one you like the look of best.
Geckos take up much less room though.

Pogypodidae...

Skink and gecko in one plus the added bonus of a snake...

Pogypodidaes FTW

Pygopodidae are 100% geckos................. how can you call them even a litte bit skinky????? Defiling their name.

In regards to blueis being easier to feed, I dunno cheaper maybe if you gave them a mostly vegie diet, but easier? Chuck 1-5 crickets into a gecko cage any time you feel like seeing a tiny "delicate" creature turn into a killing machine... as apposed to all that time chopping and preparing and organizing a proper bluey luncheon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back