Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gotta love olives, when i saw my first i was amazed how big and beautiful they were, nothing quite like holding an olive for the first time. its very hard to wait when you have your mind on owning a wonderful new animal. be sure to show pictures when you get one :) then others can be jealous of you!

I recently bought an Olive last saturday from Reedys Reptiles in N.T and he was awesome she only cost me $250 plus freight, I have contacted David recently and he still has a few Olives left that are for sale and he is more than happy to help you in a purchase if you happen to choose him.
His website is www.reedysreptiles.com.au and all his information to contact him is there
I hope this helps

I use to own the most beautiful pair of olives in the state - well to me they were anyway. My female olive was named Stella. She was wild caught from Katherine. I looked up the name "Katherine" in a Latin Dictionary and Stella was a name that popped up. So that is how she got her name. No significance to your post except that your Username is Stelladoor and now you're buying an olive python. :)

100_0038.jpgIMAG0189 (Small).jpgIMAG0188 (Small).jpg

Good choice of snake StellaDoore you can't go wrong with an Olive .I might be a bit biased but for a good all round big placid snake the Olives are the go .Just remember to stay out of the way of the bitey end when food is around .

They are active and inquisitive snakes. When they are in a bad mood you look out!! When they are hungry you stand back and use tongs, every other time they can be very placid and curious. Most people that see our snakes say that one of our olives is their favorite.

Joemal, you've actually been a pretty big influence in regards getting an olive, yours are just beautiful! Such incredible animals, really cannot wait for one of my own.
I've heard of the bitey end, will do my very best not to interact with it much lol. Got a good glimpse of an olive's teeth when she was yawning, numerous and intimidating ha ha!
I was originally going to buy a hatchie, but am considering yearling now. Any pros and cons with these ages? I figured a hatchie I can watch grow, can keep in a smaller enclosure for a few months, but will bite more often, although they'll only have weeny teeth. A yearling I imagine would be more placid (feeding time excluded), but requires a bigger enclosure. Thoughts on a good age to buy an olive?
Thanks for comments everyone! The more I hear of them, the more I want one!!

Ok my opinion only but I would go for a yearling or older instead of a hatchie .Going for an older snake most of the bugs have been ironed out e.g Feeding ,shedding and so on .Hatchies are great because you can "watch them grow" and hmmmmm thats about it .You could do like me and start at the other end of the scale and go big and work your way back LOL .

Leaning towards yearling, I had forgotten about ironing out problems in hatchies. I'll save them for later =)
Hmmm...starting big, not sure what my roomie would think of that. Worst scenario my roommate gets angry and leaves and I'm left with a bedroom for the olive! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back