Getting my enclosure on the weekend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ater 5 weeks of grueling layby payments, I can finally bring home my snake enclosure plus thermostat/lights/heatimetter. I'm going to buy the water dish and this cool hollow branch to stick on the bottom of the tank but what else should I have in there? Something that the snake can enjoy but also make the tank look good. Any ideas?

I was thinking fake vines. Will they be strong enough if my snake decides to have a climb?

No. I live in the suburbs but keep my horse on a mate's farm. Why?

congrats, maybe a climbing branch, a basking rock and plants always look good

and with some of the fake vines if your worried about them not supporting it you could buy like a wooden broom handle (or find a thin branch) and wrap the vine around it so it looks "pretty"

Yeah but I'd rather spend $10 on a fully cleaned, treated branch then do it myself and risk my snake getting sick/parasites/whatever.

I'll set up the tank as awesome as I can with what room I have. Still thinking about what snake to get. Haha.

4ft x 2ft x 3ft. I only relly like the Hypo Bredlis, some normals are alright. I'm quite picky with colouring =/ I'm thinking more along the lines of a Murray Darling or 2 Blonde Macs

congratulation!!:D !!:D !! as a new stimmi owner myself we have just about tried everythin we can get for our lil fella and here is a couple of things i notice ..........................take notice of the term killin them with kindness, it refers to the fact in replicating nature we some times stress and harm our lil babies for our sake!!!!!!newspaper is awesome lotsa i mean LOTSA lil hides to start (simple lightglobe boxes small!)i tried sand initially and my lil fella was p@##ed off he wanted th newspaper back (likes hidin in it ) i even shredded some for him (wow he was in there for hours ) now as a base mat i have marine carpet then a couple of sheets of paper a suspended cardboard roll up high and yeah plastic plants and a cleaned trimmed branch from outside , the hid is a made one by gluin a coupla light boxes and tp roll some expandin foam then poly filla to shape painted and some plastic trees glued on ......he looooves it !!!!!!!
ps i did get a lg viv built for him originally but wasnt quite ready so i grabbed a lil reptile one for him and now he is setteled in and so happy he loves handlin ,comin for a walk in the sun and his viv !!!!!!!!so happy i didnt freak him out and put him in the lg one with one or two hides !!!!hope my rant could help ya someway:D

Attachments

• Picture 1099.jpg
    Picture 1099.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 79
simple too!! easy to maintain, he is happy(he think he is a 17yo tennager, he sleeps till bout 2pm then up all night partyn haha)this pic is of the sand n other arrangment he didnt like(see what he did climb or hid under a med hide rock,which was a lil too big)its all about gettin him settled and happy, pretty just seems to happen over time n thinkin about it :lol:

Attachments

• Picture 970.jpg
    Picture 970.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 67
congratulation!!:D !!:D !! as a new stimmi owner myself we have just about tried everythin we can get for our lil fella and here is a couple of things i notice ..........................take notice of the term killin them with kindness, it refers to the fact in replicating nature we some times stress and harm our lil babies for our sake!!!!!!newspaper is awesome lotsa i mean LOTSA lil hides to start (simple lightglobe boxes small!)i tried sand initially and my lil fella was p@##ed off he wanted th newspaper back (likes hidin in it ) i even shredded some for him (wow he was in there for hours ) now as a base mat i have marine carpet then a couple of sheets of paper a suspended cardboard roll up high and yeah plastic plants and a cleaned trimmed branch from outside , the hid is a made one by gluin a coupla light boxes and tp roll some expandin foam then poly filla to shape painted and some plastic trees glued on ......he looooves it !!!!!!!
ps i did get a lg viv built for him originally but wasnt quite ready so i grabbed a lil reptile one for him and now he is setteled in and so happy he loves handlin ,comin for a walk in the sun and his viv !!!!!!!!so happy i didnt freak him out and put him in the lg one with one or two hides !!!!hope my rant could help ya someway:D

what heat source? did you use a mat?

yeah a mat and oz purple night heat n light and a real good thermostat:)

thats a bid enclosure, would be great for a carpet, imo wouldnt put two blonds in there as they wouldnt make use of the height. and are small so thats a bit of over kill. if you really like the hypo bredli, then get one, sounds like your spending a bit on the set up might as well go the hole way and spend the money on a snake you like!! the MD are also great animals very friendly. post some pics when you get it!.

yeah under and i have glue lil feet onto the bottom to give a lil room for the warm air and just under a 1/3 of the viv,thermostat i went a retapet probe from our local reptile shop its flash as!!!!

not too different but heres a couple n crickey on the lawn yesty!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 1108.jpg
    Picture 1108.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture 1106.jpg
    Picture 1106.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture 1107.jpg
    Picture 1107.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 1078.jpg
    Picture 1078.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 32
yep feed the probe thru one of the spaces for its wire under lid and clip it down iv used lil sticky plastic hooks to keep it placed (neat near wall of viv) and where i want it(next to my thermometer) oh yeah its a 7w heat mat i think maybe a 15 ill check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back