Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know people have tried but have they tried a petition, if they get enought signitures they might consider it, maybe?

Last edited:
From what i understand with the GTP you could display exotic non - native greens but not true aussie ones or woma because they we're on a restricted licence. Regardless you need to be licenced to own them but cant show them??? mind boggles, I would love to display some of my womas as seeing them in pic's to seeing them in the flesh is something else.

Hopefully DEHP will see sense and allow all australian species not just the ones on a recreational licence.
Yes I have seen some pictures of your womas and they are impressivebut pictures never fully capture the full beauty of the animal.

i know people have tried but have they tried a petition, if they get enought signitures they might consider it, maybe?
Legislation is very hard to get changed unless it is by the government for the benefit of the government.

If I could be done don't you think it would of been done ?
i thought it was done , just last year , i could be wrong but i swear i remember reading a big thing about how it was the first and only certain animals were allowed same as their pet shops on that front i think

Hahaaahaaaaaaa...trying to convince DERM to do something sensible! Aaa hahahaha! Oops, bit of wee came out then. Still. Aaaaahhahahahahaaaa!!!!

From what i understand with the GTP you could display exotic non - native greens but not true aussie ones or woma because they we're on a restricted licence. Regardless you need to be licenced to own them but cant show them??? mind boggles, I would love to display some of my womas as seeing them in pic's to seeing them in the flesh is something else.

Hopefully DEHP will see sense and allow all australian species not just the ones on a recreational licence.

I believe it's also because womas and greens are native to QLD - the logic behind it being that they don't want anyone poaching native animals. Non-native greens you can't poach because they aren't endemic.

Hahaaahaaaaaaa...trying to convince DERM to do something sensible! Aaa hahahaha! Oops, bit of wee came out then. Still. Aaaaahhahahahahaaaa!!!!

baha this had me laughing for a good few minutes, couldn't have stopped if I tried!

Hey all, I was reading through our Qld license conditions etc http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/register/p01389aa.pdf and was wondering about restricted snakes like the gtp and woma that's being mentioned. In the PDF it only lists elapids as "restricted" and antaresia as "commercial" then say any other reptile is considered "recreational" other than international snakes such as non native gtp's. what's the go? Are native gtp's and womas covered as "recreational" or have I missed something?

Hey all, I was reading through our Qld license conditions etc http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/register/p01389aa.pdf and was wondering about restricted snakes like the gtp and woma that's being mentioned. In the PDF it only lists elapids as "restricted" and antaresia as "commercial" then say any other reptile is considered "recreational" other than international snakes such as non native gtp's. what's the go? Are native gtp's and womas covered as "recreational" or have I missed something?
YOU missed DERM or who ever they are now being Govt. non experienced bean counters LOL solar 17

You have to be very careful when looking at the exact wording, I cannot remember the exact wording myself but have extensively gone though a lot of documents trying to figure it out. I think "restricted" is talking about elapids and the other wording used is "protected" or something, the meaning of this is explained somewhere else and says something about endangered , vulnerable or threatened and if you look through the Nature conservation (wildlife) regulation 2006 there is a list of native animals for each of these categories and the woma and GTP both come up in the threatened list.

Hi guys and girls to start yes the expo will be on again this year it on the 13th and 14th of July at parklands showgrounds again
as with the selling of animals me and others have done all we can to get it changed but nothing can be done till the legislation is up for revue which will be next year.
As of woma's and native gtp you can bring them I will just have to put them under a demonstrator permit all you have to do is tell me your bringing them.
Cheers Troy

Thanks. Good old government! What else is restricted? Bhp?

Thanks. Good old government! What else is restricted? Bhp?
That is pretty much it from the "commonly kept" species but there is a big list of reptiles and at a quick glance I have seen a yellow naped snake I think.

If you have two or more of any type of GTP or Woma (in any combination) then you need to upgrade your licence - they are not as restricted as vens (where you need a special licence to have any in your collection) but are more restricted than other species. Both are also native to QLD - they restrict it in an attempt to counter poaching. The 'international' addition to the licence is for GTPs that are not solely of Australian heritage.

If you have two or more of any type of GTP or Woma (in any combination) then you need to upgrade your licence - they are not as restricted as vens (where you need a special licence to have any in your collection) but are more restricted than other species. Both are also native to QLD - they restrict it in an attempt to counter poaching. The 'international' addition to the licence is for GTPs that are not solely of Australian heritage.
I think these two species are on the list because they are seen as "threatened" not quite endangered. Not sure if this has anything to do with poaching as BHP's , Jungles and many other species are local to Queensland.

I would guess it was both being threatened and native to QLD.

Hi guys and girls to start yes the expo will be on again this year it on the 13th and 14th of July at parklands showgrounds again
as with the selling of animals me and others have done all we can to get it changed but nothing can be done till the legislation is up for revue which will be next year.
As of woma's and native gtp you can bring them I will just have to put them under a demonstrator permit all you have to do is tell me your bringing them.
Cheers Troy

Thats great news Troy good to see they have a working solution to crazy rules....

It is away around there rules unfortunately there is no way around the sale of animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back