Goldfields shinglebacks - happy faces :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I don't really give much credit to reptiles showing emotional attachment to anything, but these guys really seem to like hanging out together. Don't think they will breed as they weren't cooled anywhere near low enough, but I just enjoy keeping them so babies would only be a bonus anyway.

DSC_0054-1.jpg

I was reading some where that they can pair up. Also can I see a whole body shot I'm fond of the gold ones :)

They are indeed a special critter, We have keep them for a few years now and have managed to breed them 2 years ago, This seasons activity so far is looking promising ;)

Apparently shingles can mate for life. Mum loves ours and has done some reseach on them and now thinks that the shingle is her mate for life, it does love her alot more then the rest of us and it gets jelous when she has it out and there are strange people around. It bit her one day due to being jel.ous

I take it they are WA "goldfields". They are quite spectacular specimens with the orange.... This specimen and photo is Tristen's from PP WARDF

P1061706.jpg

Love these guys, Do you have any full pics of yours Saz?

In my opinion some of the most beautiful reptiles in Australia. It was very hard when I has to sell mine earlier this year due to work commitments. Snowmans photo above is of one that was mine - I sold her as a gravid female. The person who I sold her to posted pics of the young (both full orange). I was both happy that the trip had done them no harm, and gutted that they were not still mine.

The only upside is that I got in touch with a few other keepers and now that I'm getting a new group together I have manged to source a couple of spectacular animals (I'm still looking for new animals if anyone has any available:)

Tristen.

these guys are a pleasure to keep arent they? Their laid back personalities and stunning colours make them very addictive. Give us some full body shots Saz !

Its nice that they mate for life but its sad if one dies. I saw a show that was followibg a pair around and one got run over and died so the other one just sat next to it for days, apparently they can just stay by their mates side untill they die aswell.

Believe me, they are not so romantic in captivity. Last week one of my males mated several with his partner. The next day i removed his "wife" and place a young adult female in his enclosure. Within minutes the old boy attempted to mount his mistress only to be rejected ! As soon as i place his old girl back with him, he was all lovey dovey and mated with her again.
Its nice that they mate for life but its sad if one dies. I saw a show that was followibg a pair around and one got run over and died so the other one just sat next to it for days, apparently they can just stay by their mates side untill they die aswell.

Finally got some photos of the pair, they managed to get themselves covered in cat food and needed a quick bath. The male is such a sweetie, he was napping in my hand.

:)

Male
DSC_0108.jpg

Female
DSC_0112-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back