Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles28

Reaction score
I have recently started my collection of reptiles and I am already madly in love with them all. I currently have":
1 X Ackie
1 X Black Tailed Monitor
2X central Bearded Dragons
3 X Central Netted Dragons
1 X Levi Gecko
2 X Eastern Long neck Turtles

I also have almost 100 scorpions, tarantulas,a centipede, 3 dogs and a rabbit as well as all the fish that live with the Turtles.

Looking to learn more about reptiles, hopefully buy a few more and maybe one day convince my partner to get a snake :)

I hope to be a helpful and productive member :)

Hi and welcome :) With all those reps I am sure you will have a lot to offer :D

Yeah, pics! Does your partner like all the creepy crawlies, but not snakes? Get them to fall in love with the lizards - I used lizards to eventually get a snake.
Welcome to APS, I'm sure you'll be a valuable member with all of your husbandry skills. Looking forward to those pics!
Nic

Welcome!

As long as it's not a phobia, it's not all that hard to convince someone that snakes are good pets...

My dad was really dubious at first of me having snakes, it was mum who let me get my first two. Now I've only just had dad admit that snakes make extremely awesome "pets", and he's letting me add a scrubby to my collection... Just take your partner to meet some nice, placid pythons and they'll fall for them too :D

He unfortunately has a full on phobia, can't even handle seeing them on Tv :( I will be sure to post pics as I have heaps

Welcome!

Yeah, I agree with shell.. snakes hide a lot anyway :lol:

Gday Bubbles and welcome to the list. You need to sequester a private sanctuary. Let him make a man cave in the shed somewhere that is his space, then demand similar for yourself. Once that is done throw a fit if he even looks like stepping foot in there;)

You need to sequester a private sanctuary. Let him make a man cave in the shed somewhere that is his space, then demand similar for yourself. Once that is done throw a fit if he even looks like stepping foot in there;)

I like the way you think ;):lol:

That is a fantastic idea! I have seriously considered just getting one and leaving it at my mums as I go there everyday and he never goes there and she doesn't mind at all.

welcome to aps
Arachnids??? do they just wander around the house and stuff? or do you keep them outside? :p :rolleyes:
tell your fella to get over it. snakes are harmless, so long as you dont mind bleeding a little every now and then. explain that your monitors would do more damage than most pythons.

All the arachnids are caged and kept in my bedroom. I don't think hes necessarily afraid of being biten by them but in saying that the only ones he will pick up are the beardeds and the netteds even when the ackie was 10cm long he avoided it.

That is a fantastic idea! I have seriously considered just getting one and leaving it at my mums as I go there everyday and he never goes there and she doesn't mind at all.
I faced a similar quandary. When I first got in to snakes I had a girlfriend who loved my dog to bits, which was a plus to me, but hated my Coastal Carpet Python. One day she came around as I was feeding her. She gave her usual screwed up face which I ignored as always. When I finished she said off handedly "You know when we move in together, your going to have to get rid of her". Partly outraged at being told what to do but mostly outraged at being told to get rid of my little girl, I blurted out "Know this, you are infinitely more replaceable than she is". Within 30 seconds of that statement I was single again. Do you think I could have used a little more tact? :lol:

sigourd, my girlfriend of 4 years ALWAYS says that and i generally just shrug it off. she complains that with bills to pay i wont have enough money or space for herps. she tries to justify things by saying that i can get some more when we have kids but geez, im still only 18. oh well, i keep buying more and still seem to juggle the gf and the herps lol.

anyway back on topic, i had to convince my whole family to let me get a snake(s). my grandmother who always said i couldnt get any snakes was the first to handle them all and the one who helped me pick out my first, a childrens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back