Goodbye APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is unbelievable. I have been away from the site for a while and this is what I have noticed:

Number 1: TOOOOOO Many new members who think they run the site and feel it is their right to tell older members who have been good contributors where to go........

Number 2: Increased number of smart ****s

Number 3: A lot of the members I dealt with when I was on the site are GONE!!! and they have been replaced by newer members who think they know it all (I am not naming names and i am not saying it is all new members, just certain ones)

Number 4: The site is FULL of garbage threads that are repeated way too often. I mena, we all need to learn, but to the newbies, please do a search of the site to find answers before posting a new thread. If I see another thread for, "WHat should I call my snake" or WHat sort of snake should I get for my first one," I am going to ,lose it.

This sort of crap, and there is plenty of other threads and these two examples only came to the top of my head, is what makes this site become more and more boring day by day.

Now, I haven't seen what was said in the mods forum but I have heard about it via PM (by people who shall remain nameless), and if it is true, then they should cop the wrath of members because it just goes to show that some of the people moderating this site are just as bad as some of the people they have banned, they just do it behind closed doors.

Also, in regards to Puglsy and others saying goodbye, that is their choice. For other members to put them down because they are leaving is a disgrace and is the very reason people are leaving in the first place. Some members on this site have made a lot of friends and it is easier to say goodbye in a thread then send a dozen PM's.

That's my bitch. As you can see, I have NOT attacked anyone personally. Just stated my opinion.

I am new to all this - reptiles, forums, etc.
I generally find the site helpful, informative and sometimes a laugh.
I was an "Op"erator on an mIRC channel but majority of the "plebs" (as others called them) ruled that I was an unsuitable Op based on the fact that THEY didn't like me for one reason or another. Being friends with the owner, having met up with a friend of theirs, banning someone who clearly broke rules.
Other Ops also had these same feelings. Some people decided that if I was to be dropped from Operator status that they would leave or drop their own Op's rights.
There will always be people who dislike what you do or say about them, yourself, or someone they know, NOONE will ever be 100% happy with everything in their lives (I don't think).
At times I see things that remind me of the school yard - "you said this and so I am going over here, I'll tell everyone you know about it and make them come with me, and leave you standing there alone"
Goodbye to those who are going, some will be missed, some will not.

Number 4: The site is FULL of garbage threads that are repeated way too often. I mena, we all need to learn, but to the newbies, please do a search of the site to find answers before posting a new thread. If I see another thread for, "WHat should I call my snake" or WHat sort of snake should I get for my first one," I am going to ,lose it.

This sort of crap, and there is plenty of other threads and these two examples only came to the top of my head, is what makes this site become more and more boring day by day.

I hope that you realize that you are posting in to chit chat forum. This forum is meant for all sort of posts including as you say garbage.
Why you are contributing in chitchat beats me. I thought that intelligent, highly academic people don't read chit chat.

As a politician I am supposed to make promises and then break them. So. I promised that I would not post here again as PeterJohnson64. But I will still make this post anyway.

Firstly, There have been some issues with mods recently. One of the issues was bought to my attention by another mod and I believe that it was fixed rather promptly and the way it was fixed obviously hurt some people. However, it had to be done. This mod gained access to some very sensitive peronal information about myself and some other members. This was also a security breach.

I do not want to get involved in the issue between Marc & Slatey. They are both guys I respect.

I will declare my position as others have done. I am not leaving the site.

Now I will go back to anonymity.

I hope that you realize that you are posting in to chit chat forum. This forum is meant for all sort of posts including as you say garbage.
Why you are contributing in chitchat beats me. I thought that intelligent, highly academic people don't read chit chat.

Slatey, why post something like this. I am merely stating my opinion in a thread that everyone else has also stated there opinion. Therefore, I come to the conclusion that you made this comment because you know how bad the site is getting and don't wish to admit it as you are the one running it. Face up to reality.......

Oh, and if I am doing something wrong, then ban me. See if I care. I have never ever been in trouble with any mod on this site and I think it is a disgrace the way it has been handled since I came back. That is my opinion and your comments will not change that. :)

I don't see the point in moving from one site to another with exactly the same people, whats the point of going at all? The same **** is going to happen because the same people are going.

I have to admit i dont come on this site as often as i used to, as it has become rather boring in my opinion. There are so many chit chat threads, and im not bagging them as i have contributed to them, but the same themes and questions etc are being repeated over and over again.

I've only been to one site that doesnt have the bitching and carrying on, and it is not the ARF one either.

I will sit it out and will still be here when this blows over....after all it is ONLY the internet.

I don't see the point in moving from one site to another with exactly the same people, whats the point of going at all? The same **** is going to happen because the same people are going.

I have to admit i dont come on this site as often as i used to, as it has become rather boring in my opinion. There are so many chit chat threads, and im not bagging them as i have contributed to them, but the same themes and questions etc are being repeated over and over again.

I've only been to one site that doesnt have the bitching and carrying on, and it is not the ARF one either.

I will sit it out and will still be here when this blows over....after all it is ONLY the internet.

WELL SAID!!! That is why I don't leave. I am registered to all sites but spend 99% of my time on this one. But I must say, things have to improve... JMO :

"Some members on this site have made a lot of friends and it is easier to say goodbye in a thread then send a dozen PM's."

Exactly.

"I don't see the point in moving from one site to another with exactly the same people, whats the point of going at all? "

Because Im a mod!

Night!

Explains why you are reading the chit chat thread

Come on guys, why make this personal? I'm sure it was a joke when it was said - taking personal swipes at people will only lead to tears (or bans).

I think we all need to learn to exercise a bit of self control.

Hey Pugsly, if you are leaving the site leave. If you staying Stay, either way I don't care just don't say that is my last post and then post agian and yes, you have posted again. You aren't important, and like you stated we might miss your pics but for crying out loud mate someone else has a camera.This site as well as others will survive.
I don't dis like you or what you have said or done or otherwise but shut up.

Lizard boy

i just read the joke aps thing. u dodgy mods are so fu(kin gay

Hi Lizard boy pipe down. If you are going to use crap language like that please leave. Kids use this site and I'm not just talking about teenagers. Young kids use it as well and there is no place for language like that.

Use it at school, in the street, at home or in the gutter but not out in the open like that.

Thanksssssssssss:x

I am a fan of this site as I have stated on many an occasion...BUT I think that the trouble is is a few areas...I think some, some of the MODS need to wake up to themselves. It appears as though some think that being a MOD gives them the right to become an over bearing tyrant. I also believe that there is a lot of threads being used by members to have a shot at one another which needs to stop. sometimes the best type of warning is no warning at all. everyone really needs to look at wha it is that brings them to this site and keeps them coming back, There are features of this site I don't like so I just don't go to those parts it's really that simple. If I see a thread I don't like I go to a different one....People do yourselves a favour.......Build a bridge and get over it

Forgot to say see you to Pugsly. 50% of the people that say they are leaving should stay as I've always found them to be helpful, informative and always ready to lend a hand with advice. They are quick witted and seem like pretty genuine people.

To the other 50% see you later.

Eeek! When I saw the thread come up I thought it was something nice, like leaving for a holiday or may be another country... I was not prepared for this kind of low down scathing rubbish.

To the author of this post- Good Riddance! These people give up time and money in to providing innocent reptile owners, like myself, who are new and inexperienced, with valuable info on their beloved pets. So please, if you don't value them or even your own pets enough to show these great guys some respect, then pee off! (I hope that's allowed)?!
Well done to you mods! Your tact is working and you are weeding out the bad guys!
Greenwillow, you are special, don't forget that. Who else in the world could I talk comfortably to about Wombles without feeling intimidated? For this, I thank you...
Lea

Come on guys, why make this personal? I'm sure it was a joke when it was said - taking personal swipes at people will only lead to tears (or bans).

I think we all need to learn to exercise a bit of self control.

I only make it personal when it is made personal to me. Fairs fair....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back