Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalMoon

Reptile Lover
Reaction score
I am so tired of being wrong about people, I know it is the internet and perhaps I am a pathetic loser. But I am truly 100% in person the same as I am on the internet :shock: except I probably dont look as polished as my profile pic all the time lol (that was a good hair day ;) ) I am sitting crying my eyes out over 2 things... 1) A now ex friend killed a beautiful green tree snake for no other reason than he got a fright! 2) I found out this person was really only "pretending" to like snakes to get into my good books :cry: And now has called me heartless(amongst other things) for defending another snake "that dared to eat his nephews ducklings" I told him that it was our responsibility as pet owners to secure our pets for their safety and the safety of our "native" wildlife. The beautiful Python was also killed because it "didnt belong" on their property" I understand people's fear and not everyone will love reptiles, but there are so many ways of living in harmony along side them. I even mentioned snake relocation experts..... to no avail.... deaf dumb and stoopid this guy!!!! I am not unhappy about unfriending the person(cant say Man) I am unhappy at the loss of a person I thought he was and the wanton destruction of the lives of reptiles he and his archaic relations wreak havoc on(yes now I am getting dramatic)........

((((( Big HUGZ 4 u ))))) thats really sad that people could be like that.

As 4 people on the internet, its a crazy world and ya never know who your talking to reAlly. I actually was on facebook once upon a time however i decided to leave because to me it was most the time ' Fake book' lol just didnt seem genuine.

Actually I am funnier and nicer on here than in real life.

Still I am also on a dating site, (PoF) and while there are some trolls on here, the people on dating sites are the real weirdos.

. . . . . (and ex spouses)

You learn to live with it. People who know that you like snakes are more inclined to tell you that one time they poured boiling water on a snake and then hit it with the blunt side of a shovel just to get a rise out of you.

My response is always, "Hey, did I tell you about that one time a kitten tried to attack me? Yeah, I poured boiling water on it and then hit it with a shovel a few times. I think it was dead when I put it in the bin, wasn't sure though. But it was definitely trying to kill me."

Big E-hugs. It gets easier.

Hugs Darl,....good you found out now,..maybe not around the circumstances but good this undesirable has been found out. xo xo

Hugs Darl,....good you found out now,..maybe not around the circumstances but good this undesirable has been found out. xo xo

well said :) the d ick head obviously only cared about one snake - the 1 in his pants!

Better to find out sooner rather than later. Im sure you will find the pefect man for you when you least expect it.

Hugs for you!!!

I understand how you feel. Its hard but it will get better. You dont need ppl like that in your life. I think your amazing and Id be very happy to call you a friend (along with a lot of ppl on here). I think you did the right thing in trying to point him in the right direction on a better course of action than the one he decided to go down. You gave him the tools to be a better person and to set a better example for others. He made the decision to ignore this. That age old saying "you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink" is so true.

Just remember for every one who walks away, there are more who are willing to take his place. xxxx

Ohhhh thanks :) I did actually only see him as a friend not a potential "mate" He was looking at more apparently :) well he strikes out on all counts

Awwww huge huggles to you sweetheart. What a scumbag, keep well away from him, and others like him. There's nothing wrong with you at all...I'm the same, 100% genuine, here and off line. We tend to get walked on sometimes don't we, and taken advantage of. :cry: Or me, I just feel totally stupid sometimes, so I tend to stay fairly housebound, I feel safer that way.

Men (and women) as in people generally, tend to have feet of sand.....you can't totally rely on anyone in this world except yourself. Not because people are bad, but we're all human, and humans unfortunately aren't infallible and have faults and short comings and weaknesses. Sometimes even the ones we love and trust the most in life will let us down, and that's heartbreaking when it happens. Darling, you are not dramatic, you are REAL and that's a beautiful trait to have. xxxxx

I'm nicer on the Internet than I person because I think too many people are the exact opposite.
And it really sucks, sometimes you're better off without them!

I'm nicer on the Internet than I person because I think too many people are the exact opposite.
And it really sucks, sometimes you're better off without them!
Well at least you're honest MM and thats what I really admire in people who have the trait :) But I reckon you would be just as nice to those who count ;)

Well at least you're honest MM and thats what I really admire in people who have the trait :) But I reckon you would be just as nice to those who count ;)

Yeh I'm nice... UNTIL IM NOT *RAGES*
Haha na I'm nice to nice people :D the world needs nice people after all. I'm just short tempered with rude people :)

I cry about reptiles too... people think its weird, I just say its becuase we have more of a heart than the average joe who thinks he knows everything and knows best, and thinks its fine to take a life because of some pathetic reason that makes no logical sense.

HUGS.

(think about how many snake lives you have saved by showing how passionate you are about them to other people - we win some and we loose some and its unfortunate that sometimes our thoughts on someone has to change because of it)

I hope you're okay. Better you found out now than later down the track...

Sending you love and light and big Hugs :)
Sadly it is true what everyone has said. It applies to people whom you have met in real life and on the net. There are a few good people but it's not just the "persona" that we put out from being behind a keyboard but also the image we create in our minds of that person behind our keyboard. While some are honest others interpret something completely different.
I like finding out the truth... saves time and effort continuing to maintain a friendship.

I hope you're okay. Better you found out now than later down the track...
I will be ok :) It's just a very bitter pill to swallow when you find out a person has deliberately set out to mislead you and on top of it you find out they partake in terminating the lives of the very animals you are passionate about :( I spose I need to suck it up but at 47 I dont see me changing lol

crystlemoon dont even think about changing! if you did you wouldnt be you....:)

Sending you love and light and big Hugs :)
Sadly it is true what everyone has said. It applies to people whom you have met in real life and on the net. There are a few good people but it's not just the "persona" that we put out from being behind a keyboard but also the image we create in our minds of that person behind our keyboard. While some are honest others interpret something completely different.
I like finding out the truth... saves time and effort continuing to maintain a friendship.
I know.... which is why I terminated the friendship, I can delete the person from my life but I cannot stop him from harming more reptiles :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back