Got myself some Beardies...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha yeah they are super eager feeders... Their 'feed response' wasn't something that really came to mind when getting them but they have an appetite and a half! They go after just about anything that moves. A question aswell... when you put in the bowl of salad in the morning, do they generally have it finished by the arfternoon? I understand they will be settling in, but they didn't really take much liking to my salad haha. Maybe I am just a bad chef.. They sure did love some woodies though!

trial and error will find their favorite veg, my pygmies love snowpea sprouts and dandelion leaves, so i get to weed and feed :) they all have their own favorites, try all sorts, you'll soon find out,

Yeah will do! I'll try a new and improved mix tomorrow... I've got the heating off for the night, seeing how it goes, and they are both sounds asleep :)

great you got some nice beardies for free what a bargain just use a stronger wattage bulb if your worried about the heat or move the globe closer to there basking spot ie branch but use a wire lamp cage dont want any blisters or burns

great you got some nice beardies for free what a bargain just use a stronger wattage bulb if your worried about the heat or move the globe closer to there basking spot ie branch but use a wire lamp cage dont want any blisters or burns

I've got a 60watt spot globe now in both of their enclosures, this is achieving a much better basking spot. I've also placed caged furnishings below the lights and they are able to get closer as you have suggested. But not close enough for them to burn themselves :) I have still got to get some more logs and rocks for their enclosures, as I am not satisfied with what is in there now, even though it is adaquete for their needs.

Here is the picture that was requested. Just quick a snap before lights out. Like I said, I am yet to get it all sorted how I would like them to be, but they will be improved on the weekend. And trust me, they are very, very much improved on what they were!
Beardies 002.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back