Got Olives?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 Olive Python's are the most charming Python's l have ever kept since 1989, l can put my hands in their enclosure, and they just come over to suss me out then once they know its me, and there is no food for them both, they just go back into their hide box to rest.

These are the ones that have free range of the house arnt they?
I have always liked them but my wife still needs to come round.
So much to like about them, sounds like you all have great snakes. Maybe i could accidently buy one;) the same way she accidently brought our cat, hmm cat and olive python..............

Thanks for the replies!

Do any of you have a basking shelf in the cage?

I'm wondering if an Olive would use it.

Bill

My olive has the best snakenality of all my pythons. He is a charmer and has personally turned 2 people onto pythons that had previously hated snakes! Wonderful animals.

Olive Python.

Here you can see my enclosure that l keep my 2 adult NT Phase Olive Python's in, the size of their enclosure is 4 foot long-2 and half foot high-2 foot deep, they have access to 1xR80 75watt Reflector light globe and 1xNEC T10 Black light tube during the day, and at night time they have access to 2x60watt red or blue Part light globes.
Because they live in burrows or under boulder stones or cracks in the ground, they also need access to heating from the floor at 1 end of the enclosure, cause they a ground dwellers.
ln 1 photo you can see the size of a Olive Python egg, being held in some one hand just to show how big they are.
The photo's that you can see my enclosure in, you will see a tree stump, that leads upto a hide box on the right side of the enclosure, and the hide box that is position under the light globes for heating, you can see my 12 foot long female curled up inside it.

Having 2 hide boxes inside the enclosure, 1 on the floor and 1 built into the enclosure above, gives them both a choice for where they want to rest and control their body temperature.

Last edited:
Olives are my favourites. They are my most gentle and fastest growing snakes, with great personalities.

Attachments

• myol.jpg
    myol.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back