Goulds Monitor Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous! what is the best time of year to be looking for them Tristis? And what would an average price be on them?

So excited that hubby is finally starting to embrace my addiction!

theres not really a best time as they can lay a clutch a month and eggs take 180-270 days to hatch.
there are not to may people that breeding them either so if you really want one you need to snap it up when you find one.

adult female flavi, the bottem half of her is dull because it hasnt shed yet.
017.jpg

Shes beautiful!!!! what beautiful patterns they have!!!! is there a size difference between the males and females?

A recent photo of mine :) They are stunning little monitors with a great personality.
DSC_0722.jpg

very nice, that one looks like a girl!

gorgeous! have you got any pics of its home??

Unfortunately their house got flooded :( So they are inside atm, hoping to set it up again soon. They've been living in a 5' x 5' x 3' (high) outdoor enclosure.

Thanks for the pics guys!!!

occipitalis, thats the sort of thing i was thinking of doing for an enclosure.

Yea its by far the best way to keep adult sand monitors, the walls go down about 60 cm into the sand, and the bottom is concreted around the sides with a large sheet of woven stainless steel, fine gauge wire mesh in the middle to allow free drainage. I have had spinifex in there for some time with no problems and have just recently added some other local native plants from their natural distribution, which seem to be thriving aswell. The skull is a bit corny I know lol but I had to add it.

Attachments

• DSC_0110.jpg
    DSC_0110.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC_0141.jpg
    DSC_0141.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.