Goulds Monitor Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, sorry I dont have any hatchling pics on my phone. He's about 2.5 years old and around 800mm tl and 35mm svl, although that's just an estimate as I dont handle them unless I have to. Heres a closeup.View attachment 284095

Attachments

• DSC_0148.jpg
    DSC_0148.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 135
its a nice looking lizard. so how big does that locale get? hes still got some growing to do at only 2.5 years old.

they make good first monitors, alittle shy at first but settle in very well. gouldi grow to about 4-5 foot and flavi's about 3 foot. so they are not huge. care is the same as most of the larger monitors.
here one of my flavi's
View attachment 283502
thats a awersome looking monitor pretty crazy to think the smallest of the largest monitors can get to almost 1.5 meters

Tristis apparently they max out at around a metre tl and 400 mm svl so yea still got a bit of growing to do.

Considering gouldi are getting put on a lower category sometime this year I'll be getting a pair and would be interested in making an outdoor pit and would love some suggestions and pictures!

Nice monitors tristis and occipitalis :)

Im looking at getting a gouldii, would they do fine outdoors where i live? its not quite in their range but i'd imagine the temps wouldn't be that much different here compared to a little bit further inland?. Of course with additional heat in the cooler months i reckon they would do ok?

If I wasnt married I may try: I really like the look of your skull, want to come home with me? Not sure it would work though.

If I wasnt married I may try: I really like the look of your skull, want to come home with me? Not sure it would work though.

off to have a look at housing options, what would the bare minimum size that woyld be appropriate? i wont be getting the bare minimum, just want a guide to look around at!

Going on advice from Trist 18 foot square is a good size for a male gouldii flavi ie. 6x3. Gouldii gouldii would need more. I would contact Trist or another keeper who has had them for a few years as the only advice I can give is third had at this stage.

No worries, I'm only passing on what I have learnt from the knowledgeable folks on APS :)

What would be a good size outdoor enclosure for a pair of gouldii, I can't remember what sp. we can keep but I think it's whatever occurs in WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back