gravid female over eating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickGeee

Reaction score
here she is around 3-4 weeks after mating...
009.JPG007.JPGhave afew questions.
1 she is REALLY hungry, eating 2-3 calcium coated crickets / woodies
every day. Is this normal for a gravid knobbie?
2 how long are they gravid for, i have a hovabator incubator set up, temp is 28 aswell as vermiculite and what not.
and if pics dont work oh well....

Thanks

i dont keep that type, but my amyae generally lay 30 days after mating, and the wheeleri 26 days after mating.

perfectly normal to have huge appetites while producing eggs. most of mine stop eating a few days before laying, but not always and not all of them.

if theyre not happy with their laying site they might hang onto them so give her a laybox.
(i use the lunchbox sized siestma tubs with damp sand)

Mine can eat that much even when not gravid. That is not over eating. Mine have laid in as short as 14 days since mating. It depends on the animal, temps and food availability. Mine always have pre lay shed and they lay anywhere form 3 days to about 7 days after their pre lay shed. Hard to always see when the smoothies shed as they eat it but if you look every day you will notice her going white. 28 with be fine for your incubator. I cook at 29.5 because i like them hatching quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back