Green pythons pricing advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have to wonder if "keepers with shallow pockets" would have the means to invest in what's needed to keep this species, especially down south.

Wouldn't you assume the cost of keeping any snake at any location other than in its natural range to be roughly the same?
I am aware that gtp have different requirements to other carpets, but i am a little puzzled by your statement.

I don't want to dwell on this topic any longer but let me say this:
There are people here and elsewhere that are constantly trying to talk prices down and more than often for no other reason than playing their game, many are not even in the market to buy or sell but they have the urge to express their opinion. I would hope that I have the same privilege and I make no apologies for standing up for what I believe in. Think of me what you like, I am not in this for the money but I do believe that reptiles should have & hold certain value. Just because we call this activity "HOBBY" doesn't mean that everything should be bought and sold for a song. Imagine if all species of snakes were readily available at 20 bucks a pop. What a boring hobby it would be. I wish I had GTPs like Greg Maxwell or Rico Walder, all I can do is dream about it ... but I don't mind to have this dream, what's wrong with it? It gives me something to work towards, learn new things and maybe one day I'll get there. People spend horrendous amounts of money on hobbies, some collect vintage cars, rare art,, etc., why does reptile keeping hobby have to be cheap?

As to what I do with my snakes, whom I sell or give them to or how many I breed now and in the future - I hope I can make those decisions. ShadowDragon, what would you have done with the slightly imperfect GTP if you had one? I am just curious, since you brought it up.

cheers
M

I'm with you on this one, Michael. I hope the market will allow me to retain this attitude for my future projects.

"Thonk of me what you will..." :lol::lol::lol:

We are all too ready to assume the worst in each other. I think we all can expect prices to fall eventually, but everyone has the right to sell their animals for what they think they are worth, and then do whatever else they wish to from there! GTP's sold this season for 1,200, thats what they were worth to the buyers and the seller was willing to part with them for that amount. At the same time others were selling for 2,000, again what the buyer thought they were worth and what the seller was willing to accept for them. If you don't want to pay what they're being offered for then DON'T have a TANTRUM calling the seller dodgy or in it for the money. That is disrespectful, immature and down right petty and DOES NOT belong in this hobby. Go find a seller with cheaper animals, simple. There are always breeders with cheaper animals, not necessarily of lesser quality (that would be a ridiculous assumption to make anyway) so why not just deal with them if that's what the animal is worth to you? There really is no point arguing about it :)

My own twocents; I have spoken to Waterrat on multiple occasions and found him to be an amazing source of knowledge and of great assistance, i know i can trust him when i eventually find i am ready to acquire my own GTP after having very bad experiences in the past.

LOL, just reading through the posts. Gotta love the passion on APS.

I hope you didnt assume i was having a go. Or calling anyone greedy or making the judgment they are in it for the money.

I have seen pictures of Waterrats animals as well as other members on this site and like you say, I will make the decision

on how much i am willing to pay, this however is not what i was asking.

Waterrats animals look amazing, and i would be willing to pay the extra dollar for an animal i am completely satisfied with.

I am not in the market at the moment for a GTP, but in no way have i mentioned prices, or suggested what their value is

or should be. I was just asking my previous questions out of interest to get an understanding on waterrats stance and

an idea of where he is coming from.

I think now might be a good time to close this thread.. Cheers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back