Green Tree Python Stolen, SECOND theft in as many months.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you can insure farm stock,breeding stock on land.horses for performance,breeding,racing or pets can be insured (my clydesdales were),most types of animales can be done even if only as pets.don't see why they wouldn't be viable.

Forensics is probably coming out again tomorrow to lift prints, and the constable said maybe even DNA, which surprised me.

DNA, huh? Technology has moved on since I was burgled in 2000. Hopefully, it will surprise the person who stole your GTP as well.

Thats really terrible. I hope they get the person or people responsable. Please post pics ASAP so we can see what it looked like.

Mate, there are no words for people like that, and definatly not words im allowed to use on this website. I hope they get prints and those absoloute you-know-whats get the punishment they deserve. I hope you get your snake back mate, i really do. I would be devestated if i lost one of mine, i cant even begin to imagine. Best of luck, Ash.

the son of a .... theifs always get bashed mate, simple as that, once a thief always a thief and the get caught more than ya think, they will cop a right good flogging soon i bet my lucky red hat on it
hope somone from here catches them :)

Yeah, it has to be someone I know, or someone who has mentioned it to others.

Unfortunately, my house is incredibly hard to secure. It's a very old house, and locking the doors would serve no purpose but to waste money, as they would find a way in. As they say, locks are so easy to overcome and are only there to keep honest people honest.

I was about to invest in a security camera, but I hadn't had time since the last incident to research brands/methods properly and save up. I was also going to move the snakes into another room as soon as I got back, but hindsight is 20/20. Also if they wanted to get into any room in the house they could, if they were determined enough.

So they've had to touch quite a few surfaces in order to get the snake out. They've opened the lock on the enclosure itself (only there to keep the snake in, as the keys are always left in it). They've taken one of his branches out, presumably because he was coiled on it. They have also used my snake hook and left it sitting half out of the enclosure. Not to mention all the surfaces they would had to have touched to get in in the first place.

Forensics is probably coming out again tomorrow to lift prints, and the constable said maybe even DNA, which surprised me.

Yeah, I never let people see them. Only a few friends know about them and have seen them.
............can people see them from the outside of a window?, i hope you can catch the bastards

Hence myself putting in a security system with camera's at my place, they may get in and steal your pride and joy as a system will only keep honest people out but at least you can put a face on the scumbags........

Best of luck mate......[/QUOTE]

I have done the same at my place its a good investment and it helps you sleep better. Mate i hope they find them and your gtp i would be on a man hunt if anything of mine went missing. Put up a pic of your gtp too you never know someone may come across it.

Screw the police. They won't do $h1t. My dad's an ex detective sgt, worked the cross for many years and worked homicide for a long time. HATES police now.

I suggest you case the properties of everyone who knows about your collection. Even if they don't know about snakes, they could know you had a pretty green one, looked it up and realised how much they were worth. Go and have a look at any GTP's for sale in the area, it's a slim chance, but you might find yours.

hmm.. uno.. if they have stolen it to sell.. maybe put an add in the local paper.. or just a wanted add somewhere.. but use a fake name or something, and see if they contact you.. if they do, make them send pics, then voila! tell the cops you have found the criminal!! haha, i know it probably wont work, but its worth a try!

Forensics is probably coming out again tomorrow to lift prints, and the constable said maybe even DNA, which surprised me

when you touch something you not only leave fingerprints but DNA in the form of skin cells ;) gotta love watching real crime shows :lol:

unfortunately ive not learnt how to get away with the perfect murder just yet :D

good luck, really hope something comes of it for you, maybe offer a reward for information leading to the snakes recovery and or the person who stole it?

Forensics is probably coming out again tomorrow to lift prints, and the constable said maybe even DNA, which surprised me

when you touch something you not only leave fingerprints but DNA in the form of skin cells ;) gotta love watching real crime shows :lol:

unfortunately ive not learnt how to get away with the perfect murder just yet :D

good luck, really hope something comes of it for you, maybe offer a reward for information leading to the snakes recovery and or the person who stole it?

they got a print off the glass door of my incubator and ive heard nothing more about it. sorry but dont count on the cops

Stories like this really suck.I feel for you - For me its not just the high end reptiles, but if someone took my first ever snake that I paid a measly $270 for I would be very upset. I will be soon putting in an alarm system with possibly cameras. I work with offending juveniles so that's even more of a reason for me too :p

A few things to consider/ponder:

Who knew that you were going to be away? Who is aware of your reptiles, and perhaps even expressed an interest in their dollar value? (have you had any conversations with people regarding this?) Did any neighbours notice any unfamiliar people/cars hanging around, or any noises coming from your house while you were gone? Have you asked any of your friends if they have told anyone else about your animals?

I am really sorry for you and I wish this didn't happen so often (at all). You really didn't deserve this but perhaps next time organise a babysitter of sorts, take the keys out of your locks (hide or take with you), and secure your house. You shouldn't have to but these days.....
I am happy to give anyone any security advice or suggestions to TRY and get your animals back (hook me a pm).

Whatever you do, never tell ANYONE about what security measures you have taken!!

Does anyone know how much an alarm system for a house would cost? One that makes a noise. And how much that system would cost for the company to install? I have no idea how much one would cost.

wranga, yer unfortunately they have to have a match on file before they can do anything which is probably why you havent hear anything back from them

no idea Grunter, i know where i lived in Wagga the bloke down the road had a system installed and he worked away a lot and the damn thing would go off everytime it got to windy and they had NO ONE living in town that could go and switch the system off, no idea why they would sell them if they had no contractors living in the same town as their systems, use to annoy the heck out of us

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/member/wranga-17492/

wranga, yer unfortunately they have to have a match on file before they can do anything which is probably why you havent hear anything back from them

understand them need a match on file, but hey a quick phone call to say sorry we dont have a match and we will be keeping the print on file so if we ever get a match we will have them is all thats needed. would just make you feel like they at least cared about what they were doing. i just feel like im another event number and they really couldnt give a **** about me or what i lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back