Green tree pythons yes or no

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caseyb

Reaction score
Hi guys, so i have a question that i need to know, my partner wants to get a green tree python and people say i can and i cant. i was told by the breeder we are ment to get it from i can on my R1 but then i was told i need my R2.
i currently have a albino Darwin, high yellow diamond and a caramel coastal. what are they like to have, are they aggressive...

They have more specific needs than carpets, and as such are harder to look after and require a R2.

hey mate, i have two gtp atm (plan on getting more haha) and mine are not aggressive at all, prefect handlers, both eat every time, but thats just mine, you probably will get others that arent the same as mine. but there awesome! such lovely pythons! will you be getting it as a hatchy? or adult?

greens are not considered to be a snake that is handled a lot. they have big teeth on them but like any snake you get nice individuals. As far as the licensing goes im not to sure i think you have to keep pythons on your recreational for at least 2 years then you are able to have no more then 2 individuals (if you have a woma you are only allowed 1 GTP if you have 2 womas no GTP) there considered *special* or something. obviously you can tell i dont have that much knowledge on this. If you want more then two you need to get a different license i believe

ok thanks guys. finally get a proper answer. lucky i didnt get the one i was looking at. i would of been in a lot of trouble. :)

You need to have an advanced licence (R2) to legally buy/sell/own Morelia viridis in NSW.
Australian native GTP are not usually aggressive, especially captive bred specimens. They make ideal captives imo.
Exotic bloodlines such as Biak are often reported to be quite defensive, although I've heard of exceptions.

People still saying chondros are agressive and have huge teeth? Most of them are placid exactly as bushman said. Their teeth aren't going to kill you, they're pretty much the same as other morelia, the husbandry is a bit different with the key being hydration. As long as it's hydrated you should have few issues if everything else is correct.

That being said, do your research before getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back