Green tree snake help. New to reptile forums.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

retro001

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi im kyle,Im new to repile forums and am seeking some advice on green tree snakes.
I have just got a 11mth old tree snake and the breeder has told me to feed it shinks and/or guppies. i have since found out it sillegal
to feen lizards to snakes and have been told of a product called "lizzard maker". so i can try to get my snake onto pinky mice asap.
need help as my little fella is gunna need to eat in a coupple of days.

So whats the queston?

Ok, GTS are not really a first timers kinda snake ! .But anyway....they need to eat ALOT more than every few days, go to the pet store and buy some feeder fish- stick a couple oin a bowl without water so they flap around, and your GTS will take them....buy some pinky mice and thaw it out and stickit in the bowl with the fish- dont be upset if he doesnt take it...just persist with a pinkie every few days with fish together and eventually he will take it..they need a varied diet though so you need to mix it up; fish is the main diet in the wild...but the occasional pinkie and quail is ok.

And maybe do your research BEFORE you buy a pet next time....it's a little late in the piece to be asking feeding questions...

sorry mate the question was about where to get lizzard maker? but putting pinky mice in the bowl is a better idea.
Mate I have a coastel carpet python about 3 yrs old. I do understand they are totally different and was probably a bit pressured
to make the desicion as quick as i did. I was expecting a kick up the butt for that!
I am trying to find someone in the newcastle area that will sell me feeder fish for less than $1.50ea i can get pinkys easy but want to keep fish in a medium size tank and hopefully breed them up so i have my own supply handy. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back