"green tree snakes"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondslady

Not so new Member
Reaction score
HELLO, JUST NEEDING SOME HELP ON GREEN TREE SNAKES, I PICKED UP A PAIR THE OTHER DAY AND AM JUST NOT TOO SURE WHAT THEY LIKE TO EAT ALSO WHEN THEIR BREEDING SEASON IS?? ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THESE BEAUTIFUL SNAKES WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..THANKS..

You should've got this information before you bought the animals. The first person to start with would be the person you bought them off. Last thing we need is more people to buy reptiles without researching them....... :evil:

Simon Archibald

settle down

ok ok settle down was just asking some questions i thought someone may be able to help..i do have other snakes and lizards you know..tell me why this site has to have such goody goodies obviously u have no idea about them otherwise you would have said..

RE: settle down

Gee simmo did u get outta the wrong side of bed or what?....everyone makes mistakes, get over it and be the helpful person i know u r....

Hi Fiona, good to see you back again. Please do not post in caps as it is considered rude to shout.
GTS are great snakes, completely different than pythons. I have a small female. She will only eat goldfish or frogs. Since I can't bring myself to feed her frogs all she gets is goldfish. I have had no luck getting her onto mice yet. If yours are eating mice then you will be much better off. You really should of asked the seller what he/she has been feeding them, especially with gts. Unfortunately it is all to common for people to unknowingly buy wild caught gts which refuse to eat and eventually die.

Re: RE: settle down

Scorpio19 said:
Gee simmo did u get outta the wrong side of bed or what?....everyone makes mistakes, get over it and be the helpful person i know u r....

In Simon's defence, I recently purchased from him and his advice and honesty was forthcoming without me asking. I believe any breeder has the responsibility of advising the purchaser of feeding regimes and preferences.
I know we all seek advice whenever we get a new reptile and this is a good forum to ask for help.

I hope you will post pics of your new snakes.... :lol:

"Agree Greebo,.... first mate it's really important you know what it's been fed on then you can take it from there......i find they do well in an enclosure with a high humidity, i mist spray mine each morning, the enclosure glass fogs up.....offer food three times a week (small hairless rats or mice depending on size).....i was warned to keep feeds small but feed more offten....try washing a small pinky rat/mouse with soap and scent it with a asian house gecko tail, or skink tail (this seems to work, try and try again) i used to put the tail in the fridge and used it to scent again....offer the food, and back away quickly......mating in N.Q, october/november, if you want any futher info PM your number and i call.....good luck, hope they do well for you.....cheers Tree"

thanks

thankyou very much for the kind advice the breeder got them off yes they did tell me what to feed them and what to do but i just wanted to know other peoples opinions on these snakes as i know they r different to pythons maybe i worded my very first sentence off i am sorry if people took it the wrong way ...any other advice is greatly appreciated..thanks.. fiona.. sorry i wrote in caps before didnt know they were on...bye..

RE: thanks

Have just recently purchased a pair of juvie tree snakes and their last 3 feeds have been pinkies scented with a gecko tail...works great and being able to feed any tree snakes is a bonus in my opinion.I have heard and read about many people having troubles with tree snakes in the feeeding department.In my limited experience in keeping them it's best to get em as hatchies and onto rodents asap....if you buy anything older"sub adult-adult and it's not feeding on rodents by ten good luck with swapping their usual diet.

They like the humidity so mist the cage daily and they also have a much faster metabolism than a python so as indicus said feed regularly at least two to 3 times a week...

What age are they and what did the breeder or seller of them tell you they were feeding on?

Would love to see some pics!!!!!

RE: thanks

diamondslady,

I only just read the wanted section and noticed you are now wanting to sell the green gts pair.I don't understand why you would buy them and then ask for information on keeping them which you have had answered for you and now you want to sell them.I'm not even touching the subject of the 6 month rule but why did you purchase them in the first place.

It's quite frustrating when someone asks a question like yours and people such as the ones who have replied and answered your question take the time to reply and it turns out to be a waste of time.I guess others will learn a bit anyway and no offence meant but i hope you see the point i'm getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back