GTP's in WA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firedrake

Reaction score
Are we allowed to keep Green Tree Pythons in WA if they are hatched here? I have seen a rather stunning wild one on my holiday, and it got me thinking.

WAs a pretty backward place, so glad I left lol.

If you could keep GTPs they'd be on a category 50 license or something ridiculous lol.

No.
Even DEC doesn't allow Perth Zoo to Import them into WA, even though DEC imported Rough Scale Pythons from the first clutch that John Weigel bred...

No.
Even DEC doesn't allow Perth Zoo to Import them into WA, even though DEC imported Rough Scale Pythons from the first clutch that John Weigel bred...

semantics.

point being if its not on the approved list you need special permission, just because it has not happened does not mean it cannot. afformentiond point remains :D

Are we allowed to keep Green Tree Pythons in WA if they are hatched here? I have seen a rather stunning wild one on my holiday, and it got me thinking.
Geographically interesting.....solar 17 [Baden]

The one I saw was the green tree snake but it just got me thinking about if we could keep the pythons here if they were hatched here? It's not like we're going to just let them go, unless someone was extremely careless.

Also on the note of gts why can't we keep them? The one I saw in Broome doesn't look like any of the pictures I could find, but I'm guessing it would be the same. I found a post that said they are both venomous and harmless and another that said they are constrictors...what exactly are they and again, why, if they're native, would we not be allowed to keep them?

Last edited:
WAs rules are a bit weird, even if it is native, if it's not from WA you can't keep it.

Not sure why though?

Sorry, that's what I was referring to cos that's what Firedrake was talking about originally.
My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back