Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bikiescum2003

Reaction score
ive been doing a bit of reading on green tree snakes and i came across an article a while ago now that said they let off a stench if strested but my father is currently in north qld and he was moving a wild one. it was only a baby but he said it didnt smell at all.
so can they let off a stench and if they do why?
if it was a defence thing then i would of thought this one would of done it due to it being wild.

Yes your right mate....it is a defence response; can be a real unpleasent smelling odur......
Some do it and others dont, pending what the mood of the moment is.
My BT juv's do it at times; and not at all other times....
Other species which i sometimes dislike for this reason.....scrubbies, slatey grey's etc; theres a few of them......

wow i had no idea there were others that done it.
how bad is the smell and does it become a problem if you keep them inside? is it just like sweat and does it seep into white board enclosures? if so can you get the smell out easy?

its just like a few drops of wee the smell isnt that bad but you can smell it keelbacks smell worse

Longtom would be the man to ask.....he cleans more tree-snake crap then me :lol: ....
I dont find the smell that bad, so long as you clean your enclosures regularly......asap, it should pose little problem.........
Tree snakes, scrubbies, slatey greys, can all be quite messy; not unlike most species of elapids.
However the extra effort is worth it....especially with the g/t, and scrubbies.

G/T's can eat a various diet of fish, mice etc....
I started mine on, washed pinky hind legs scented with -asian house gecko tail.
Then new born pinkies.......Now small pinkies, which i try an feed a couple times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back