GU10 adapters.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask why you choose to use the adaptors instead of getting an electrician to rewire the fitting?

Sparkies are not cheap to get out and often muck you about by being no shows.
Even if you could find a sparky who was prepared to out come do rewire/mod a few sockets, they would charge an arm and leg for the privilege. Hence adapters.

Anyone who has access to sparkies at work who are willimg to do "foreign orders" is indeed blessed.

There's a business opportunity out there for an enterprising perhaps retired sparkie to go into business modding ES27 ceramic sockets and fittings to full high temperature compliant GU10 ceramic sockets. They could market them globally in the herp trade and make a small fortune. The components are cheap as chips.

Halogens produce more heat then a standard bulb, although you can get halogens in ES the gu10 globes are cheap.

They are more of a spot then a flood tho, so the basking area is smaller unless you use 2.

Rick

They are very good for smaller enclosures where a standard sized spot or a MVB is MASSIVE overkill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sparkies are not cheap to get out and often muck you about by being no shows.
Even if you could find a sparky who was prepared to out come do rewire/mod a few sockets, they would charge an arm and leg for the privilege. Hence adapters.

Anyone who has access to sparkies at work who are willimg to do "foreign orders" is indeed blessed.
I am sure if you took your enclosures down to the sparky they would wire it for some beer money. Sometimes the cheap ends up expensive.

Does anyone know where to source FULL ceramic flange GU10 sockets from? Like the ES fitting you can buy from herpshop but with the GU fitting? GU are perfect for monitors and I dont really trust adapters on top of es sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back