Guess the Jawbone...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

junglepython2

Had this sent to me today. There's is only one animal I can think of that it could belong to but looking for any other ideas. It was found in Australia.......

Attachments

• jaw.jpg
    jaw.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 284
Size would indicate a medium to large mammal but the canines throw me. First thought was feral pig but its got me stumped

Im with ssssmithy because in comparison to your hand it looks really long and from memory they had a rather longish sorta face.
any idea where it was found?

Dude, I've been looking for that everywhere! can finally finish that plastic surgery...

No idea, looks rather large, my guess would be feral pig, but I dunno.

a yowie.

second to that. it MUST be one of those jaguars from the farm.

I'm almost certain it's not a pig and last time I checked there are no Rhino's around Aus;). Still trying to rule out a damn dog though.

Not a thylacine, dog, dingo, etc they all have more teeth along the jaw.

My vote is for pig, looks similar to a few I just looked up with the arrangement of the teeth, and to me that looks more like a small tusk not a canine. Got any more photos from a different angle?

It seems way too far forward to be a pig, but I may be wrong.

There is no way it's a pig.

I hope i don't sound like one of those crypto geeks but i'm calling that big cat atm. Right number of teeth, k-nine in the right place and it's long instead of high...

Where'd it come from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back