Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reminded at this juncture of the post which inevitably gets made when he's mentioned here....and it's absolutely true. If it were up to that man none of us would be keeping herps. And according to him none of us have the ability to do it as "successfully" as he does....despite the fact that people have succeeded with them in areas in which he has failed.

IMO most people are far superior herpers than he ever will be.
he bred greens one year and all the young died ?, this was told to me buy QPWS, i even had the oppurtunity to tell him this to his face, he denied it untill i told him where the info came from, then he just went red in the face, started trembling and called me some names. ( while i laughed).

Nome - an interesting word, if not spelt quite right. (and I don't mean the US "z" but the "po")

an·thro·po·mor·phize ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nthr-p-môrfz)
v. an·thro·po·mor·phized, an·thro·po·mor·phiz·ing, an·thro·po·mor·phiz·es
v. tr.
To ascribe human characteristics to.

v. intr.
To ascribe human characteristics to things not human.

Nome said:
Pythons are unable to like or enjoy anything, saying anything else is anthromorphising.

I'm sure you would agree that snakes can dis-like something. How then, can you be so confident that they can't "like or enjoy" something?

Everybody seems to have good suggestions. When you get a snake you tend to want to look at it all the time.
As it turns out snakes like to hide most of the time. The only thing that I can add is as follows.
My male carpet tended to be a bit snappy from day one. Trying to bite me misses on the first night I got it. (no I didn't throw it at her)
As it grew bigger, I new that he was the one to look out for. After becoming a little cautious I found he repeatedly tried to strike me.
I learnt that:-
1. A well feed snake tends to be a happier snake
2. For some reason when reaching in to pick them up your better ofF wearing a glove and don't hestitate, plunge your hand in there like you would a lucky dip.

yeah hesitation gets you nipped... that and nerves, like when your nervous you shake and start sweating freaks the snake out, more likely to become flighty/agitated

ok this is very interesting maybe i should put my question here

i have a hatcling and yes everyday this was my routine

get home 7am
make coffee be outside play with my dogs tll 8am
at 8 am come n wash up open snake cage and let snake come to me at 830 am everday dead on the dot for half an hour then try and get snake back in cage

well twice i didnt take the snake out at 830 as i was not going to handle it those 2 days

so im just wondering what the snake wants when its either biting or hiting the edge of the container on those 2 days around 830?

as when i heard it i opened the lid and like usual the snake climbed out slithered about 2 metres towards me and wrapped itself around my arm

my question is why does it do this when i dont pick it up?? is it normal? for a snake to "headbutt/attack" a cage when not picked up?

its only one out of the three the one i give more attention too due to its weird habits of i can put it down in a room and walk into another and it will follow i can put her onto another person she will try and get to me

whats with it??

I know 2 things a snake does enjoy, a drink and a feed (and most likely to copulate) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back