Harry Butler - In the wild

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
I've forked out the money to buy the "Harry Butler - In the wild" complete DVD set and absolutely love it. No hyperbole, no catch words, just a love for the environment and an assumption that the audience is intelligent and wants to learn. Picture quality leaves a lot to be desired though and he wears daggy green shorts.
My favourite part so far has been where he finds what he calls a brown rock python ( we know it as an olive python ), picks up the 3 to 4 meter reptile and proclaims "ISN'T HE BEAUTIFUL". The lovely lady beside me ( actually she's no lady, she's my wife ;) ) immediately replies "GAWD! It's like listening to my husband" :D

Harry butler was a favorite, I tried not to miss an episode, when it was on TV.
I just might have to, do the same, buy the complete DVD set. Thank you.
Do you remember Harry Botler?

I remember David Fleay. Last man in the universe with the scars of a thylacine bite on his ****. When I was 12 he told me everything I wanted to know about herps.etc etc WOTTABLOKE!!

Long gone now but still appreciated.

Harry Butler was the O.G of herping for me as a child growing up in the 70,s/80,s and i got called it by adults cause i loved looking for reptiles.

Fleay was a great contributor to many species describing them,and captive managment.He was first to breed platypus in captivity

I love Harry Butler and as a child I spent so much time in the scrub and developed a deep love of the Australian wilderness because of his series.

I have the set too. It was sooooo much cooler and more interesting when i was 5 lol. But still a very good hangover cure.

I've forked out the money to buy the "Harry Butler - In the wild" complete DVD set and absolutely love it. No hyperbole, no catch words, just a love for the environment and an assumption that the audience is intelligent and wants to learn. Picture quality leaves a lot to be desired though and he wears daggy green shorts.
My favourite part so far has been where he finds what he calls a brown rock python ( we know it as an olive python ), picks up the 3 to 4 meter reptile and proclaims "ISN'T HE BEAUTIFUL". The lovely lady beside me ( actually she's no lady, she's my wife ;) ) immediately replies "GAWD! It's like listening to my husband" :D

Wasn't he the only bloke to have been envenomated by a platypus?

Harry Butler was the O.G of herping for me as a child growing up in the 70,s/80,s and i got called it by adults cause i loved looking for reptiles.

Fleay was a great contributor to many species describing them,and captive managment.He was first to breed platypus in captivity

Wasn't he the only bloke to have been envenomated by a platypus?

There was another person (in SE Qld.) that I used to work with also ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back