Has anyone got an Oenpelli Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayhem

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has one of these, or breeds them? I havent really seen them on any for sale lists, or even heard anyone talk about them for quite some time!
If you do, would love to see some pics :)

The few that were in private hands were pretty much wiped out by the authorities years ago.

You can read up on the history of this breed in private hands in:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Just $50 per copy[/SIZE][/FONT]​

There would be some in captivity that the authorities would not know about!

hopefully someone will eventually be given permission to do what john weigel did with the rough scaled pythons.

They will be available in the future, probably when the current market subsides and the demand for something new increases.

The thing I would like to know is after a substantial amount of morphs have been produced and oenepellis make it into captivity. What will it be next? Legal exoctics?

Are any kept in Zoo's etc?
Would be good to get them into private collections, will be a while away yet though, even if they gave some one a permit to collect a few tomorrow.

Very interesting, Ive never heard of them before. I googled them and they look similar to a childreni but much bigger

As with all exotics being kept, why should there be no Oenpelli pythons in captivity? I know they are quite common in the wild if you know where to look. Surely not everybody plays according to the rules that get imposed on them by governmental authorities. You cant seriously believe that there are none in private collections?

I cant imagine that theirs none in private collections,same as with exoctics the ppl that have them, wont be advertising that they own them.It would be great if their was some around,same as with the White Lipped python,i would own in a heartbeat.

The Oenpelli`s are found on sacred and protected Aboriginal land, And therefore any animals found on that land are sacred and protected more so than animals found on crown land. The tribe that own this land have to agree to animals been taken off the land and i doubt they will agree to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back