Has my bulb gone out or is it just faulty

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko_luv

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've justed checked my thick tailed gecko's enclosure to see the temp. It was 20 degrees. I was shocked and thought my thermostat broke. It was fine, but the bulb wouldn't turn back on. I set my thermostat to 28 degrees and the bulb is 75 watt. Has it gone out or is their something wrong?

same thing happened to me i went to check my beardies on the second day i had em and the thermo had stopped working
the heat emitter had turned off and i went back to the shop they fiddled with it and got it working again
for your situation i think just monitor it if it is still not working or being dodgey simpley replace it QUICK

same thing happened to me i went to check my beardies on the second day i had em and the thermo had stopped working
the heat emitter had turned off and i went back to the shop they fiddled with it and got it working again
for your situation i think just monitor it if it is still not working or being dodgey simpley replace it QUICK

The thermostat is fine. The bulb seems to have gone out.

without switching the globe for another how do u know the thermostat is fine? swap the globe then make that call.... I have spare heat emitters just in case 1 does fail it gives me time to go buy another

without switching the globe for another how do u know the thermostat is fine? swap the globe then make that call.... I have spare heat emitters just in case 1 does fail it gives me time to go buy another

I am going to purchase another globe. The thermostat was pretty expensive and it gives a green/red signal for the thermostat and for the globe. Right now the thermostat is green and the heating is red, so that means the globe is out.

then turn your thermo up , but remember thicktailed geckos dont like alot of heat and 26 would be the ideal temps

Have you visually looked over the heat emitter? or removed it from the base? i had one blow over the weekend (first one) and when gently shaken you could hear the element "rattle" inside it and there was a bubbled/over heated spot on the heating surface. It wasnt very old so it came as a bit of a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back