Has my Eastern water dragon gone into brumation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deuzster

Reaction score
Yesterday i noticed my female eastern digging in her hide pushing all the dirt. Covering most of the entrace to her hide and has stayed in there sleeping. I can see her through the gap so i know she is breathing i first though she was going into brumation but isnt that in winter? no going into summer
here is a pic

20121023_092927.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

she will be right mate. Sometimes they like to have a scratch around
Just let her do her thing. Is she gravid?

thats what i was gonna say grogshla, how old is she? she have herself a man friend?

She came out and she is 3yr old nah she doesnt have a man friend i got her one he was bigger her her but only 2yr old she dominated him kept attacking him so i had to give him back

- - - Updated - - -

By coming out i mean laying on her log

cool mate. This all sounds like normal behavior :)

she cant be gravid can she ? dont they need a male i beleive she is just fat lol i put her on a diet to many crickets shes on bok choy and butternut every 3-4 days

I am not sure if they need a male or not mate perhaps some1 else can help here. Yeah dragons can be very greedy when it comes to food. I would keep giving her crickets and wood roaches but only half of what you normally give her if she is a fatty :)

What's your humidity like? Sometimes when they are feeling dehydrated they will dig into moist, cool soil/sand and rest there.

all is good from what i can gather has plenty of water to swim in and drink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back