he peed on me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
the other day i took bubs out for the first time since he'd eaten (about 4 days after) and he just coiled up and watched some tv with me as usual until i felt his tail up my sleeve kinda tickling me and i realised he'd just peed on me! how embarassment. :oops:
anyway, today luke was holding him while i cleaned the tank and he pooped right there on the floor...charming. do anyone elses snakes do this kinda thing? i sorta thought they'd always do it in their cage which he has done up until now. we just put some polished rocks in his tank recently and this is the first feed he's had since they were introduced - is it likely that he would not want to dirty his cage cos he likes it too much? hehe is that wishful thinking?
also sometimes after he eats he kinda bloats up like a sausage a bit up to the vent then when he poos he goes instantly back to normal.
he's been pretty quiet lately too and i'm a bit worried...does this sound like a vet visit is needed?
thanx everyone

Zoe,
It's happened to me a few times with various snakes, nothing to worry about.
I used to belong to a Reptile club and we used to take the snakes out to fetes and events to promote reptile keeping and get people to hold them, they defecated and urinated on the public from time to time.
When it's time to go, it's time to go!

Basically, handling does help gravity and moves things along so to speak!

It's not funny when a 14 ft Burmese python decides it's toilet time, and shes around your neck at the time! LOL!

The bloating up and then returning to normal after pooing bit is normal... I've noticed that many times.

Isn't just the poo building up??? I spose if you are worried you could C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y push it out - I had to do it when I had a fecal test on my bredl..........

sorry i wasn't really cleaning it out - i thought i could smell something funky in there and was searching for it cos it had been longer than normal before he pooped and we have polished rocks in there so it's hard to see any messes.
lol i was thinking 2 out of 2 times out of the tank was somethin personal! that poo just missed me u know...

lol well you know what they say eh? Poo happens :p

and sometimes a little too close eh!
he wiped his **** on luke's hand too lol

when i was helping my stimson to shed, she pood on me. I seen her lift her tail then she went all still, and then it happened. She hasn't bitten me but she has sh*t on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back