Heat mat in or out?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus09

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wanting to know if it is best to put a heat mat on the inside or under a plastic enclosure for a hatchling to juvenile as i have seen on the net and in books of people doing it both ways and want to find out what way you all think is best.

thanks Mark.

i am only new to this but i have never seen it inside the container. personally i would put it under the container cause then it won't get soiled - one extra thing to clean - and if the container is sitting directly on the heat mat the heat will transfer fine

cheers
james

I use mats on the inside of 4x2x1.5 enclosures, I find they clean up as well as the floor they cover. No big difference really. I could be picky and say there is but that would mean I would rant too much. Both are fine.

Yeah I agree, I use them inside big enclosures and hatchling boxes just sit on top. It's horses for courses really.

Thanks i am setting up enclsures for 2 bredli that i will be getting in the next few days :D

Ok? Just wondering? So my Md's are nearly yearlings born Jan this year? Do I really need to keep a heat mat happening now? Or should we just be relying on surrounding temps please? Cheers Cheryl

Snakes need to able to thermoregulate regardless of age Chezza. Some heatsource required. Depending what surrounding temps are ofcourse, they need to cool down too. Always a gradient. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back