heat mat placement

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch_hynes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys I was just wondering is it fine to have a heat mat in the actual enclosure with substrate over is or will I have to cover it with something so the snake cant come into direct contact???

Heat mats are best used under the enclosure, heat cords however are good for inside enclosures.

yea but I cant put it under the enclosure because its going to be made out of timber and the heat wont go through haha :/

You should have some air flow around them & have them connected to a thermostat.

it will be hooked up to a thermostat but my question is how do I use it if I cant put it under the enclosure because the bottom will be thickish timber

I also have a timber enclosure so I stuck my heatmat on a same size floor tile and then sat a second tile on top of the heat mat. Depending on the thickness of the tile, mine are about 5-6mm thick, I have checked it with a thermometer on top and get a temperature about 32 degrees constant and my spotted seems to be happy to coil on it.

I also have a timber enclosure so I stuck my heatmat on a same size floor tile and then sat a second tile on top of the heat mat. Depending on the thickness of the tile, mine are about 5-6mm thick, I have checked it with a thermometer on top and get a temperature about 32 degrees constant and my spotted seems to be happy to coil on it.
ok thanks for the info much appreciated

You may be able to help me with my question. I have a wooden tv cabinet that I'm doing up for a snake.im going to use the heat mat and do the tile on top and underneath.question is, the hole that u drill so you can put your heat mat into the cabinet, how did u seal it up so nothing can get out ?i

I've kept heat mats in plastic enclosures covered with 1-2cm of sand with thermostat's set to 32ish and never had a problem with geckos for three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back