Heat pad and heat light problems...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys i recently went to the pet shop and they referred me to buying a exo terra compact top light and a large heat mat, im now wondering whether or not i would need this much heat ? the lights i got given were 5.0 UVB rating and im not sure if this PLUS the heat mat would get too hot for him? Also has anyone else bought this light fitting and had the problem of no glass on top to sit the light on? is there anyway on installing this light on the inside of the tank? as the enclosure i have atm is all wood on top.... so basically, is a heat mat and those lights gonna be too much for him? and how have you guys installed these lights before? (side note...i have a reptile one thermometer/hygromoniter and im not sure if its working as i cant see a noticeble heat drop when i take it out of the enclosure? do they need to be set or are thye already done? its showing 25 degrees C and 52% humidity? is this too high or too low for a tiger snake and is 52% humidity about right for a DRY tank with only a small water bowl in it at the end?) sorry for the wall of text just wanna make sure im not doing anything wrong...

UV lights emit next to no heat.
And honestly mate, advice from a pet shop is usually useless, from my experiences anyways.
But this is all for a tiger snake right?
This should be the information you seek before purchasing any new animal, but better late than never I guess.

ahh thanks for clearing that up and yeah i agree about the pet shop part espcially because nobody keeps snakes really where im from but they was right about me getting a heat mat so they must have known that the lights themselves emit no heat, they was right that time lol do you keep the mat on the outside of the tank or can you put it under the substrate (newspaper?) and yeah its for a tiger snake,i would have seeked the advice but we cant purchase snakes in tasmania so we dont really have a breeder or someone to goto to get this advice....i can only sift threw the internet :(, and not alot of people are fans of tiger snakes down here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back