Heat panels radiators

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingera84

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
just wondering on some heating information for my gtp's.
I'm looking at some different heating I currently have heat cord on the bottom of enclosures running on a pulse thermostat but it's not enough it doesn't reach very high temps and keep them there.
I'm looking at heat panels or they are called reptile radiators to avoid using bulbs. Has anyone used thse? Enclosures are 600 wide 750 tall 600 deep or anyone have better options
thanks

Radiators are the absolute bomb in my book. They're a little pricey but they have a lifetime warranty (the Proherp ones do anyway) and they are capable of producing nice hot basking spots or ambient temps depending on how you set them up. The Proherp guys are also really helpful and if you email them basically asking the same questions you've asked here they're tell you the correct size and placement for what you want.

One thing to consider particularly when deciding which size to get is the distance of the basking spot from the panel. I recently got a couple of 40 watt panels from proherp for my 4x2x2 cages. I mounted them on a shelf approx 28 cm from the basking spot. Over winter I struggled to get my basking spot above 30-31 degrees. I actually had to build another shelf to lift the basking spot up closer to the panel. Doing this got my basking spot good. I would however definitely recommend them. Globes are a nightmare in their own right. Plus James and the guys at proherp are really friendly and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back