Heat reduced my rat population

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
where abouts in nth qld are you? we live in townsville

hi bigbing
we live in mackay,

I got some polystyrene sheets around 15 mm thick and just stuck them on with silicone, they reduced the temperature inside the rat shed by about 10 degrees.

we are going to do that also, we also have the fans but all they did was push the hot air down,

cheers,
steve.......

hi rockman,
that happens all the time in buisness, we also sell rats and mice and have the same problems, we also thought about giving it up and just breeding for our own reptiles, even 2 weeks ago when the heat just about wiped us out we thought about giving it away, but we are going to rebuild and i say stuff the ones that try to run your buisness down, they only win if you give up, and the same with the heat, it only wins if we give up, i know it's going to be hard for a lot of our buyers, but i hope they don't give up on us as we aren't going to give up on them,

cheers,
steve.........

Maybe you were just a crap businessman Rockman. Not like there is q shortage of punters.

I really wish you wouldn't beat about the bush Peter. :lol:

my mum lost a fair few of her fish she ended up having to put lots of ice in her tank coz its 6 feet long and sits along a sliding doorway we dont use and the water got too hot from the sun and over heated them she lost a brazillienthis (spelling ?) a couple of oscars and some of her severums she rang me up balling her eyes out lol

Yes a bit blunt there peter, I have met rockman and find him to be an extremely honest bloke, thats why IMO he most likely stopped, sick of all the poo and dishonesty. Besides from what I gather he was more trying to help people out than make much money. I know for a fact that theres a number of people that still owe him moey for rats from months ago.?
So Im sure he ment no real malice for his comments but can also see why he said what he said.
Lets face it most people sux, they will tend to get what ever they can out of you while they can, for as little as possible in return and belive me this hobby is full of em.

Now you see I believe most people are fundamentally good and a few suck which gives the others a bad name. I always tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, sometimes more than once.

I used to be like that Boa, but been burnt toooo many times. Over the years Ive given away so many animals its not funny, on the pretense that I would be repaid down the track. Well Im still waiting for most. Some of those lovely people are also on this site from time to time, but the funny thing is they never contact me.? Gee I wonder why.?????

Unfortunately a sad human trait is get what you can and screw the others. I have always thought it is crazy to burn your bridges because you never know when you might need that person, I don't mean that sound as though we should be users but one good turn deserves another.
Most of the big breeders I know are not very trusting and I can understand why, it's sad though.
I had to let someone down recently, it still bothers me that I did it but it was unavoidable, I can't understand how people do it and seemingly feel no pangs of guilt about it ?

Yeah I think you are right, I do seem to be in the minority.

Hi Peter , my ability as a businessman , you question , i laugh !I was playing around with the rats and mice as a little hobby to pay for my snakes , my proper business turns over 1 million a year . My problem is that i just don't have time anymore for know-it-all's , my time is to valuable to me and my family . This thing started from you saying something , that i would say you would not have the spine , nor the balls , to say to some-one in a room full of people , or face to face . I guess that's why the web suit's alot of people . To those people that are self-employed , you would know what i mean , to those that are employed , you might think that i was a bit harsh , but just think about it , if it happened to you , what would you say or do . I have been burnt before in both business's , but i still try to give people the benifit of the doubt . Jim

Shall I respond point by point.
Your post gave the impression that your rodent breeding was a serious attempt but now its just a fancy. Obviously changes to be appropriate to your arguement,. Somewhat inconsistant.
Perhaps your business would turn over more if someone else ran it.
I can see you would have little time for know it alls as th slot is clearly being filled by yourself. this is evident in your posts to date.
Likewise, my time is valuable to my family and I. Finally a plus for you.
This thing started when another person posted a comment that was meant to be humour. he apolohised t to the prson defamed in the joke. You rsponded with invective and insult mixed liberally with foul language. Some family man!
As to balls and spine. You know me not. I would crap down your throat if it meant proving a point and do it with an audience. Many people on this and other sites know me personally. What I write is therefore not only on the pubklic record but there to be seen by friends associates and those that dont particularly like me. I stand by what I write
Self employed, employed, what are you on about. Oh, I see. you get to abuse people in discussion that dont concern you because someone in your past upset you. Doesnt work like that but you would want an apology in the same media as the slight was published. that was done. Are you big enough to do the same.
We have all been burnt, I got conned by a little old lady in a renovation. Who you going to believe the sweet aggreived granny or the money grubbing builder. We get over it and are morecareful the next time. its not an excuse to perpetuate bad behaviour.
Perhaps you would like to instill your benefit of the doubt here and now or is that just cheap talk.
your sincerely
Peter Buckley

So...........how about that weather in Sydney, boy that was hot, 38 degrees some are saying. Anyhoo back to the air conditioner I think. :lol:

Oh, you werent referring to me. Just ignofre all that then. Yeah hot, bloody bird lice arrgh!

Oh no , i have offendend all the peter's on this site , oh crap . is there anyone else i missed while i was on a roll ? It's hot here and i just lost 2 mice to the heat ! Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back