Heat reduced my rat population

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boa where do you get the polystyrene from? what sort of factory? please...

i havent lost any rats yet but i have to move mine around on realy hot days and the rat shed we built got too hot.

I used to run a wholesale business that sold polystyrene from a company calle R-Max. The made it in any configuration you wanted. They are in Sydney but may be in other places as well. But that was 1999 and may have changed since. If they still sell it but not to individuals I still know retailers.

Hey Peter give me a break :roll: ! My mice & rats live in airconitioned comfort, (unlike us!) so I haven't lost any due to heat - I've just got a good supply of very high quality rodents, especially mice of all sizes, in the freezer at the moment. Try them - you'll like them :wink: I would never use heat killed mice or rats for snake food even if they'd been dead only for a few minutes, they decompose too quickly in high heat.

If anyone wants any, call me 0403 568 239. I've been keeping and breeding herps for over 40 years, and had my share of rodent disasters during heat waves in years gone by...

Jamie.

Of course I wasn't having a go at you Jamie. It was just quite funny that your add appear at about 2pm on the hottest day of the year. (of course, if it was only 8 degrees it would still have been the hottest day of the year). and yeah, OK. I will need some pinkies for my baby lacie soon.

I don't think I would be worried about using a heat killed animal, pythons like a lot of monitors and other lizards will eat carrion so a rat that has been killed by the heat certainly shouldn't cause any problems.

I get mine from a place called Kool Foam (I think). I'm not sure where you are located but they are in Brisbane on the Southside. They just make and sell polystyrene products. I buy offcuts which can be 2m square pieces any thickness.

zard said:
boa where do you get the polystyrene from? what sort of factory? please...quote]

Hey Peter , where do you get off on writing comments about people like that ? You have made it look like he's selling dead stock . Unless you know something that we don't you should not make comment's like that ! If it's just your opinion , maybe you should keep it to yourself . OPINION'S ARE LIKE [[no subsituting letters to get around the word censor-consider this your first warning-Admin]]! You seem to be very , very knowledgable about everything and anything . Do you have the life experience to comment about as much you do ? Nobody like's the know-it-all , been there done that , have to open my mouth about everything person ! Stop , and go back and have a look at the amount of post's you have done and read and have a think about it . Maybe , i'm wrong , or maybe i'm just not as polite as everyone else . Just what i think !

Here we go again, I can't say I saw too much harm in Peters post and certainly don't see him as you describe.

Boa , if you where in this business of selling rats and mice , do you think on the off chance that you might look at what he wrote a little bit differently . I just get sick of people writing silly little comments like that , and then writing " of course i wasn't having a go a go at you " , and that makes it all better . Maybe by thinking first before writing , it might help .

Another good way to keep your rat shed cool is if you have a bore set up a sprinkler system over the shed, its amazing how cool it will make it, its like walking in to an air conditioned room but for a fraction of the cost.

Rockman take your own advice and keep your opinion to yourself, not once was there any malice involved in Peters post, your the one carrying on. I was thinking the same thing as Peter, but so what, I lost mice myself that doesnt mean I wont feed them to my snakes.

Hey guys, cool off. No offence was taken at Peter's comments. It's just that I'm breeding very good quality rodents and don't want anybody to get the wrong idea. If anyone has any ideas about the best way to market them in NSW (we're new here) I'd appreciate the advice. My wife doesn't appreciate the overflow in our domestic freezer! Thanks everyone for your supportive comments.

Hey Jamie , . What i get annoyed at , is that some-one can make a silly comment , giving people the wrong idea , without thinking what it might do to some-one's business , . I used to breed rats and mice as well , until some-one made a stupid comment on his web-site about our business , and then people get the wrong idea , then business slows to a halt , then it's not fun anymore .

Actually I do sell rats and mice :D
I just don't get all the agression and name calling.

I lost about a bucket of rats yesterday too but they weren't too far dead when I got to them so they're all being converted into snake poo.
Also lost a pair of hand raised eclectus parrots that has me a bit sad.

africancichlidau said:
I didn't lose a rat, thankfully but my missus lost a Guinea Pig :( What are you incubating if 23 is too high Slatey?
Sorry I ment 33C that was typo.

Peter just ignore the abusive posts when they happen.
We know that you ment no harm.
Regarding you posting and commenting lot in forums, I am glad you do.
I like to read your posts mate. They are usually written in civilised way.

I may be so bold to say :shock: that Pete just may have directed some attention towards Pythoninfinite and his rodents.

I have PM'd you Pythoninfinite. :wink:

Keep up the good work Pete :)

Who would I joust with if not for you and Olivehydra, Pete? :wink: I too enjoy reading your posts.

Welcome to NSW, Pythoninfinite/Jamie. With 40+ years of herp experience I hope you will find time away from the rats and mice to join the old hands in giving us newbies advice! And I think you just did a fantastic piece of marketing in this thread! Talk about grabbing the opportunity when it presents itself! :D

I used to breed rats and mice as well , until some-one made a stupid comment on his web-site about our business , and then people get the wrong idea , then business slows to a halt ,
Rockman, this must have been a disappointing and stressful experience for you. I'm sorry you had to go through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back