Heating in Snake enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus21

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
just wondering what you all use to heat your snake enclosures. At present I have my coastal carpet in a plastic tub enclosure and use a heat mat for heating. I am about to move her into a large wooden enclosure and would like to know what heating I should use.

thanx all

i hav a 40 watt blue globe in the tank and set the thermostat to 28 degrees celcius.

I have a 150w ceramic in mine...
How large is the box?

I have 200 metres of 15mm copper pipe and 9 radiators in mine, oh no, sorry, thats the enclosure I keep the missus in :) I use 60 watt ceramics for my snake enclosures :)

Hatcglings prefer warmer temps around 32C but adults live happily at 28-30C.

It all depens where you have sensor for your termostat and where is heat source.
Proper enclosure should have baking area under heat source with temperature higher up to 32-35 depens on type of snake, and coulder area on other side of cage going down to 28C. that is giving your snake choice to moove to spot he need.
To monitor this you should have 2 termometers in cage. One on one side on top and another on the other side on bottom.

You might have to use ice cubes sometimes! :lol:

ive got my hatchies at around 28-33 degrees by means of a heat mat and a 40 watt light bulb.
I too will soon be moving them into a larger enclosure and using a 60-75 watt heat lamp for the heating.

Hi all, anyone can suggest better way to heat my large enclosure please. has 2 lamps on ceiling only, day is 250 watt night is 80watt ventilation near ceiling too plus hole where flouro goes above, heat is escaping too much. both lights set on own thermostats at oppisit ends to lights. large glass area as u can see. maybe too big for this kind heating, perhaps some way to safly heat from bottom, not sure if heatmat be sufficient due to size? see pics in my gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back