HEEELLPPP!!! Out of control horny Angle-head!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoe - definately 2 males and they are not too skinny, males should always look like that. They also won't feed properly till after they've finished mating season, maybe 2 or 3 months away yet. Mine used to only eat once a week in breeding season so I used to offer them a pink mouse usually.
Get used to seeing them grabbed by the crest if you do want to breed them, that's what they do to the female, often 10 or more times a day for weeks on end.
Jo - I'd say two females there, have they bred at all? They might just be young 'uns but the size of the crest would indicate to me that they are adults.
Someone said you need two males? No way. I had mine at 1.2 and got 6 clutches from one female and 3 from the other who was only 12 months old.

not that Im being much help here but that 3rd pic is hilarious zo. he looks so violated :shock: :shock: poor little fella

Thanks Mags! I thought they looked like 2 males :p. And wow I thought they were really skinny lol. They have lost a bit of weight since I got them and they just look like they've got no meat on their bones :?. When does mating season start and finish for them? Well I guess it finishes in December if there's 3 months to go :p. Have you ever seen a male try to mate another male? Ok I better start advertising lol

Lol Gerry :lol:

You shoulda been behind the scenes lol. First one of the males was running around on his hind legs - my GOD that's hilarious! Then when the poor bloke was being violated I'm panicking and yelling "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" etc etc and wrenching them apart lol.

Oh yeah Mags another question lol. Shouldn't the second male have fought back?

Dont the males occasionally do a lot of damage to eachother when they're in breeding season? Would it be a good idea to seperate them Zoe if they are definately 2 males? My male is thin like yours Zoe and as mags said isn't eating much compared to the female who is eating twice her normal amount, she is very fat lol. Also the female will tend to have a larger throat pouch, especially when cranky. Mags is their anything in particular i can do to get the male more interested in the female? Like seperate them for a short while then put them togethor again etc?

Oooohhh maybe she's got buns in the oven Parko lol. I dunno if I should separate them but I hope I don't have to cos I'd need to buy another cage :shock:

Lol buns in the oven :) I dont think so yet, but she is certainly ready. Problem is the male is being timid and not showing much interest at all.
Anyway good luck getting a female for your dragons, as soon as you can by the looks of it lol

Ummm, I've never kept two males together but have heard that they will fight just like beardies or frillies or whatever. As for fighting back, maybe he thought the other one would go away if ignored. Plenty of people have assumed it will work for me before :)
Also never had to seperate mine, but if she's getting fat then I'd be ready to incubate some eggs. Mine never got fat without laying.

What temps do you incubate them at Mags?
I have read that you just leave them at room temp :shock:

Thanks mags, maybe she will have ''buns in the oven'' :) .
As per beknluke's question, what is the best incubating temp and substrate for the eggs?? Are the temps best kept very stable? Anyone?

I'm pretty sure it's room temp...not sure about the medium though

I guess the prob is 'what IS the average room temp'?
In my house, it's about 19, in OuZos, it's about 30 :lol:
Kidding!! Kidding!! lol
I have read to incubate them at around the 24 degree (ish) mark, or in the buttom of your cupboard. My issue with the latter is that you are risking huge fluctuations between day and night temps :?

HELP US ALL BREEDERS!! lol

Hi Zoe, sorry for not getting back you sooner...but yeah males can get confused and can be a mixure of horniness and territorial, head bobbing and tail swinging are signs of both attitudes, be careful that the lesser dragon doesnt become stressed out by the other sometime they never come back from it and wont be the same again, I wouldnt house them together anymone, and maybe get somemore females...lol... for the little bugger..

Thanx Marc :p

I think the humpee is becoming a bit stressed by the humper...he/she/it's more skittish than normal and was running across the lounge room on it's hind legs last night :shock:. I was thinking about getting one of those big flexariums so they have a lot of space and can get away from each other. I'm not even sure much is going on when they're in the cage...I only see it when I get them out :?

Do they look like 2 males to you though Marc or a male and female? I'm trying to get as many opinions as I can lol

I incubated mine at a constant 24C as nights at our place used to get below zero.
Just on a normal vermi / water mix.

Thanks Mags. Zoe sounds like you are going to have to get another enclosure, if they are this bad with no female think what may happen if you introduce a female.

:shock: I can't believe I have a dangerously horny lizard :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back