Hello everyone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglecarpet

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My name is Mel and have finally gotten my reptile licence, well, almost, its on its way!

I am still searching for my first python but am very excited!!

I love Jungle Carpet Pythons and was looking for a hatchling, but have been told that they arent good as first snakes... But others have told me that they are great as first snakes, so I dont know what to do anymore :(

I have been looking around and have found that children's pythons have a great temperament. I have picked one out that was about 8 months old and had a great temperament, it was quite content to simply wrap around my hand and it didnt strike once in the 20 minutes I was holding it for

Well, I am looking forward to speaking to alot of you and I will post up some piccies when I get my first (hopefully of many) python!

Mel

Welcome and congrats, i dont think it really matters what you get first, i have a jungle that has never had a strike, i also have a darwin that bites me every time she is out (finally starting to settle :)). Either way you will learn and i bet ya second snake (which you will get , the bug will bite you) will be a jungle ;)

There is some info you should read in chit chat called Newbie Information. Go straight to page 3 and it should help you out a bit. And welcome to the site ask all the questions you like.

Im still waiting to get my first, but I am planning on either a Jungle Carpet or a Diamond Python

One snake at a time though, my bf isnt too keen on them so I have to slowly prepare him for the onslaught :D

Am looking at getting into breeding one day though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back