Hello from Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

evilj

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Relatively new herper, recently moved to brisbane from north qld and just got my first jungle python a 9 month old named Neytiri and has so far, proven to be an excellent specimen, without even so much as a nip and feeding very well on rats so far.

I've been hanging around these forums quite alot recently with my new addition, and have learnt and experienced alot of what has been talked about first hand.

Im hoping to make the wiki a more valuable resource during my time here at APS. At the moment, it looks to be an extremely under-utilised area of the site, missing out on alot of the extremely useful information that is posted on the forums by its dedicated members that cannot be found. I hope to be scouring the forums and adding information to appropriate of the species lists that are contained on the wiki I can make information more clearly accessible to the newbies and/or people new to a particular species.
I've already got to work on the Morelia Spilota Cheynei - Jungle Python entry, as I at least have some experience there but as always, it still a work in progress.

All in all, I hope that I can become as knowledgable as some of the other members on this site.

Thanks for having me,
Evil.

Hi, welcome :) Congrats on the Jungle :)

Michelle

A few pics are attached. Im not sure how you guys take such good photos though mine always seem to be lacking!

Attachments

• 06082010841.jpg
    06082010841.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 11082010846.jpg
    11082010846.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 09092010917.jpg
    09092010917.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 06082010839.jpg
    06082010839.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 70
I did that with the Wiki for Tree Snakes.
They took it all off.
Didnt tell me why either :S

cute nice patterning do you know what riegin it is from atherton , tully ect?? mine is a tully :p

Anyone can edit the wiki, which may be a problem if you remove or edit something someone has written and they take offence to it? Perhaps there is some moderation process that can be invoked, which alot of wiki's do have. If it was valid information, i cant see why it would of been removed, especially by site admin?!

She is a tully as well :) How is yours on the biting aspect? Mine is outstanding. She lays along my keyboard and chills out and doesnt mind my fingers tapping in front of her face for ages.

scratch what I said before. Just checked it again and they edited it and added more.
Before they took off everything I wrote and put something else there.

Now all my stuff plus more is there :D

haha mine was sold as stroppy tho only struck maby half dozern times once was my fault lol, and once was while typeing :p the othertimes have jus been my partner runing away and the sudden movement freaking it out lol. few times it has tryed to strangle my fingers haha looks like it spazzes out when it happens.

Honestly tho she has been no problems at all the 1 bite that was my fault drew 2 small dots of blood but didnt hurt so hopefully she'll calm down a lil more with age as tends to happen i handle her aprox half hr a day and sometimes let her sit on the monkey bars in the yard while i do stuff we have 3 cats so gotta be carefull not that any of them pay her attention except my kitten who all of a sudden wants my undevided attention when he see's me with my snake.

my 18mnth old can pat ther snake with no problems at all tho always face the snakes head away from her jus incase, my misus on the other hand wont go within 2ft of it haha tho she hasheld it a few times im trying to convince her to get used to it now while its small and wont hurt if it bites coz when she gets bigger....... lol i will be buying a male once im finished seting up enclosures iv always had a softspot for jungles such strikeing colours and patterns.

as for wiki iv never had much to do with it iv used it for few games iv played but you will find unless the right people are willing to spend the time typeing everything up there useless aswell as the fact that people will and can deface the page at will (as wiki is open to anybody).

i have few pic's of my jungle in my profile if u wanna check her out :p she is about 7/8mnths old

scratch what i said before. Just checked it again and they edited it and added more.
Before they took off everything i wrote and put something else there.

Now all my stuff plus more is there :d

win!

as for wiki iv never had much to do with it iv used it for few games iv played but you will find unless the right people are willing to spend the time typeing everything up there useless aswell as the fact that people will and can deface the page at will (as wiki is open to anybody).

i have few pic's of my jungle in my profile if u wanna check her out :p she is about 7/8mnths old

Nice looking snake. How thick is she? She looks decidedly thicker than mine. I take mine outside for some sun but she usually just stays wrapped around my arms. I dont trust the birds around here with her current size. Dude you must be having at my missus, cos mine is exactly the same hahaha!

What length is yours? Im trying to get a general estimation of their length at say 10 months is to see if i am on track with my husbandry or if i should be concerned at any stage.

Also the wiki we are talking about is the APS wiki on this site and specific to what we do here. Not wikipedia.

Last edited:
Awesome name (Neytiri) :) Seykxel si nitram (just for the real nerds out there 8))

How long until you get your next herp? I started with bearded dragons, then 2 stimson's pythons... and now have carpets, geckos and am getting darwins... It's a disease! Awnga snga'i hu 'aw ulte kawkrr ftang! (I think that's right... my na'vi isn't that great lol!)

pretty thick she is almost 1" at her thickest takes 2 fuzzys per wk, length is about a good 70-80cm i would saycant handle her untill tomorrow arvo but will have a look for ya then so its a lil more accurate not 100% on age but was bought from breeder on this site so 8odd mnths is pretty accurate.

How long until you get your next herp? I started with bearded dragons, then 2 stimson's pythons... and now have carpets, geckos and am getting darwins... It's a disease! Awnga snga'i hu 'aw ulte kawkrr ftang! (I think that's right... my na'vi isn't that great lol!)
Not too sure as of yet. Im going to let this one grow up for a bit and see how i go after that. Im not really a multiple pet person, i usually just have one or 2 and get EXTREMELY attached to them haha some of the monitors looking pretty cool though, but i'll have to wait till i get a bigger place.

I cant work that one out! Rahni, you'll have to inform me of that one.

pretty thick she is almost 1" at her thickest takes 2 fuzzys per wk, length is about a good 70-80cm i would saycant handle her untill tomorrow arvo but will have a look for ya then so its a lil more accurate not 100% on age but was bought from breeder on this site so 8odd mnths is pretty accurate.
Mate she sounds WAY bigger than mine. Maybe i am underfeeding? at the moment, its 1 pinkie rat every 7-10 days. Should i increase this? Mine sits at around the 60-70 cm mark at a estimate, but would definitely be about 3/4 of an inch, if that, max around her belly.

Hi Evil welcome to APS like your nice little jungle
Cheers mate.

hmmm pinkys sound a lil small try feeding 2 at a time in my expierence she wont take the extra one if she dont want it.

some animals will be smaller by nature then others my kat is smaller then my gf's yet there from the same littre and my cats twin is the same size so it isnt due to bullying.

i feed my jungle 2 fuzzys every sunday would sugest you upgrade to fuzzys once your out of pinkys and if your truly worried about its size try feeding it every 5days for a month or 2.

in general from what i have read you should feed your snake 1 item per week that is equil to the thickest part of its body.

hopefully this helps you a little
gl cheers mick

Awnga (We) snga'i (start) hu (with) 'aw (few) ulte (and) kawkrr (never) ftang! (stop!) :) At least I do...

hahah good stuff rahni. It is an interesting language made up from alot of african/zulu and other languages. They really went the whole hog with it thats for sure.

Thanks mick, much appreciated mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back