hello - new spotted owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cams75

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Hi all.. recently purchased a 1yr old spotted python and have been browsing here since for information.

Finally registered so I can join in on the fun.. Got him home and he was a bit snappy for a few days, had been fed the day before we bought him (owner was moving interstate) but after 2 days of him being home he shed, so guessing the move and the shed both attributed to his mood.. since then has been a little snappy but have managed to handle him each day for a minute or so without him becoming too distressed.

Has had his first feed here which was a pinky rat which went down without issue but not too sure when should feed him next.. The owner did say he fed him every 6-7 days but is there a way to tell if that should shorten ??

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Glad you've joined the site. I'm just getting back into keeping snakes after a few years without them. They are such an interesting animal.
As far as feeding goes less is more really, you will get different opinions but but i would not recommend shorting that. Feeding every 7 days is about right at his age but more than 7/10 is probably better as he gets older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back