Hello

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barny

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am new to this site. I joined just the other week. Anyway, a week or two before joining, I got my first carpet python about 5 months old. The pet shop I got mine from said that it is a coastal but I think it could be a jungle. I have looked at many pictures online and the coastal and jungle hatchlings look the same and have exact same stripe's and colour's. picture below thank's for helping!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 135
hello and welcome
that looks like a coastal to me

Thank you for replying. Do you know any good coastal carpet care sheets?

Barny

It looks more like a jungle to me as well but I am no expert.

Says a coastal but I think it also looks like a jungle - just thought I would ask opinions!

Not going to get into this debate about what it could be, but head markings don't mean anything.

i recon its a carpet.............if u like it and r happy with it then all is good........its healthy looking and thats a big +

With so much variation in coastals, I see no reason why the seller would gain anything by bs'ing you... Jungles sell for a higher price than a coastal anyway.... Nice looker either way....

If it is on paper as a coastal it is hard to prove otherwise and if you like the snake then all good. Morelia Spilota species are very often crossed and even when they are not crossed they can sometimes display traits of other Morelia Spilota species. The main thing is that you are happy.

Looks like a Jungle to me, however I agree with other people, there is much debate about intergrades/crossbred animals that they can have such unusual patterns etc on it. Just my opinion.

How is its tempriment?

are you asking for its temprement to determine what it is in your mind because if you are, temprement would be on the lowest things to look for when indentifying a snake. each snake is different, they are all there own snake and no two are the same.

it looks to me like a coastal, it does have that slightly unusual pattern to most coastals but hey its hard to tell from a picture. beautiful hatchling and make sure you learn well on how to care for it.

Bohdi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back