HELP clutch found

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NAYS1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
we found a clutch of eggs under my spotted today what do i do ?totally un prepaired

we found a clutch of eggs under my spotted today what do i do ?totally un prepaired
dont take this the wrong way ..or rudeness ...but I am a little :shock: in understanding ...so would rather let you explain ..my questions
here goes ..
1# Did you know she was gravid ?
2# Did you put her in with a male ?
3# Did you buy her and maybe she was gravid without anyone knowing?
4# If you put her over a male ..were you not a little bit in the I wonder why she is looking a bit lumpy ?
5# I f you knew she was gravid ..why wouldnt you have set something up ?

OK like I said best for you to explain before any of us jump to the wrong conclusion ;)

i agree with gozz, contact a local breeder give them to him in exchange for some knowledge and like Just Joshin quoted go put a bullet proof vest on because APS members are gunna give you heaps over this one, besides i hope everyting works out for you good luck

dont take this the wrong way ..or rudeness ...but I am a little :shock: in understanding ...so would rather let you explain ..my questions
here goes ..
1# Did you know she was gravid ?
2# Did you put her in with a male ?
3# Did you buy her and maybe she was gravid without anyone knowing?
4# If you put her over a male ..were you not a little bit in the I wonder why she is looking a bit lumpy ?
5# I f you knew she was gravid ..why wouldnt you have set something up ?

OK like I said best for you to explain before any of us jump to the wrong conclusion ;)

Good questions :D... people need to explain the situation FULLY in their first post, because otherwise they leave themselves open to those who jump on the flame wagon...

yes shes always with a male and no i didnt realise she was gravid obviously! i thought yous were meant to be herp help! Just sarcasm Thanks 4 nothing

Suppose you could either pass the eggs along to someone who is set up to incubate them, let the female incubate them (you'd probably haveto separate the male), OR go out and buy an incubator etc asap

yes shes always with a male and no i didnt realise she was gravid obviously! i thought yous were meant to be herp help! Just sarcasm Thanks 4 nothing
Hey lady you have jumped on the wrong train ..I asked those questions so that it wouldnt turn out to be a sarcastic thread

BUT in all honesty you kept two snakes together one a male one a female what the heck did you think was gonna happen one day ? :rolleyes:

NAYS1
Do you have any one near you who is a breeder that has an incubator all ready running ??

If not you will need to set one up
An old esky or a foam "brocoli" box from the fruit shop will work , a heat mat in the bottom or heat cord taped around the sides , a stat set to around 30-31 degrees .
a small tub with a vermic/water mixture to put the eggs in .

There are heaps of threads on setting up an incubator , do a search .

Nays1 I'd suggest letting the female take care of the eggs herself. Just keep an eye on them through out the incubation period. In the meantime get some containers to put the hatchies in if all goes well.

i agree with gozz, contact a local breeder give them to him in exchange for some knowledge and like Just Joshin quoted go put a bullet proof vest on because APS members are gunna give you heaps over this one, besides i hope everyting works out for you good luck

there are plenty of selfrightgest people around here,many i supect should not throw to many stones!

Do you have a bluetongue?
:lol::lol:..I feel for her I do ..but geez ..hope you can get it sorted ..and if you had just said I didnt realise she was gravid ..even though I had been keeping her full time with a male and we didnt provide snake condoms for them in their setup ..I would have understood and not botherd asking such "sarcastic questions "

There's nothing wrong with breeding snakes to supply skinny bluetongues with something to eat, maccy eggs make great fodder.... or you could always incubate them if you want baby snakes???

Believe it or not but there have been people out there that have bought snakes ,that turn out to be gravid without anyone knowing ...so that was why I asked ...
And I was thinking that may have been your situation ..and felt a bit sorry for you ..explains why you got caught out ...

yeah popeye its a pity, they should be reported if they are not giving real advice im sure they have all made a mistake at some time or another just not willing to admit

I made a mistake once..... I thought I was wrong but I was actually right!!! never do that again....

re Herp

If its left with the eggs undisturbed and shes coiled around them chances are theyll hatch,thats all i used to do years back,sure if you can make an incubator etc try that,look on the herp shop under the fact sheets and Brian Barnett has useful information on incubators and how he does it,good luck we all start somewhere.

yeah popeye its a pity, they should be reported if they are not giving real advice im sure they have all made a mistake at some time or another just not willing to admit
gavinator ..if that is aimed at me asking questions before replying ..then dont hide behind your sarcasim either ...you can direct it at me ..
answer this ..if you keep a male and a female together all the time in the same setup ..in all honesty what did you think was going to happen?
alls good to say things like we all make mistakes ...surely by the time we are adults we all know what can happen by keeping a male and female together ...things havent changed that much since I was a girl...
...Now this lady may realise by keeping her two opposite sexed snakes together well hey presto you get eggs..
if she explained that she thought they were same sex ..could understand that as well
or bought not knowing it was gravid ..can understand that as well
didnt realise that she would be due so soon ..can understand that as well
but to house a male and female together and think nothing about what could happen ?
call me dumb but I dont understand that at all ..
As tahnee said you should FULLY explain the situation so you get the right answers and now this person has no doubt learnt that .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back