HELP clutch found

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simple ....leave them with her....never panic unless its organised...cheers solar 17 [baden]...as a suggestion try to give her a constant 30-30.5 and a light mist every couple of days

what i don't understand is why people buy snakes in sexed pairs if they don't plan on breeding either. Buying a sexed pair of the same species and keeping them together indicates to me that breeding was atleast thought about but maybe not directely attempted (heat cycled etc).

Another thing that really bugs me. People who used this forum as a one stop shop when they feel like it without first looking for information. They treat the site the same way a teenager treat a parent......they expect to be able to ask a question and get an answer straight away. A forum is not an phone infoline. It is a collection of information and opinions from a variety of sources, both experience and green, that is ARCHIVED for future and on-going reference to those who need it.

So to all those people asking a relatively common question......LOOK IT UP. You can't ask an encylopedia a question and expect and answer....you have to find it. HELL you can't even ask a librarian a question without her pointing you in the right direction or telling where to get a reference text for your answer.

What gets me is that some people have 2 snakes together,generally if its a pair and they are old enough,chances are they will mate.It might not be the same situation as this,BUT so many times people that have 2 snakes together and then they wonder why the snake has laid eggs,and then being totally unprepared for incubating them..Its also possible he brought the snake recently and it was already gravid,in that case its pretty hard to determine if she is gravidwithout any information..If thats the case i understand...If you havent got a incubator,or cant make one,simply leave with the female as Solar 17 suggested,mist daily,second day..Good luck..MARK

*sigh*.....on further investigation it seems she HAD been attempting to breed them AND has read and posted in other threads on what to do. Now i ask myself why you didn't read the advice already given in threads you have obviously read.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/herp-help-38/what-better-111327#post1460241 thread started by OP

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/herp-help-38/shes-due-113450 thread started by OP

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...eeding-pythons-help-needed-please-read-120983 post #5

It seems you've been told what to do from day dot......why are you still clueless and unprepared 5 months later?? Yeah yeah.....i'm a prick, i should be nice, that not advice so don't say anything yada yada yada

My advice.......Let her maternally incubate until you find a local breeder nearby kind enough to incubate them for you or come over and show you how to set one up........start looking ASAP.

Cheers,
Josh =0)

ARRRRR Josh ..see and they thought I was being sarcastic ..and gave me a bit of a poke with a stick for being a bit abrupt ...maybe I should have used a boot instead after reading that ;)

If its left with the eggs undisturbed and shes coiled around them chances are theyll hatch,thats all i used to do years back,sure if you can make an incubator etc

I haven't bred anything before so MY opinion isn't all that heavily weighed, but this is exactly what I'd be doing also.

Amazing how many people almost kill someone on the way to a hospital because they are rushing their missus over to a doctor, when in fact it's quite a natural occurance. You'll find the conditions have been right, and the snake knows it. Relax!

Although part of me feels sorry for these people who are clearly ignorant keepers and put up these threads which highlights their obvious flaws in keeping, they really do throw themselves to the tigers...

dont take this the wrong way ..or rudeness ...but I am a little :shock: in understanding ...so would rather let you explain ..my questions
here goes ..
1# Did you know she was gravid ?
2# Did you put her in with a male ?
3# Did you buy her and maybe she was gravid without anyone knowing?
4# If you put her over a male ..were you not a little bit in the I wonder why she is looking a bit lumpy ?
5# I f you knew she was gravid ..why wouldnt you have set something up ?

OK like I said best for you to explain before any of us jump to the wrong conclusion ;)

If you read this quote i dont beleive rbb was being at all rude. she was trying to understand how NAYS1 got into the situation.

its all the more interesting now that josh has shown that she was at least partially aware that this mite happen!

flamed with reason.
she should have been more prepared. she knew they were mating in may:rolleyes:

If you read this quote i dont beleive rbb was being at all rude. she was trying to understand how NAYS1 got into the situation.

its all the more interesting now that josh has shown that she was at least partially aware that this mite happen!

flamed with reason.
she should have been more prepared. she knew they were mating in may:rolleyes:

Exactly :D

yes shes always with a male and no i didnt realise she was gravid obviously! i thought yous were meant to be herp help! Just sarcasm Thanks 4 nothing

obviously you did know, what a joke, you carnt expect people not to write sarcasm when you have asked months ago on the same issue. My advice is give them to someone who is ready and didnt take 5 months to dicide on leaving the eggs with the mum or to incubate them.:x

thanks to all that did help! shes with her eggs,she laid 2 slugs& 10 eggs, So fingers crossed. Thank you 2 Beeman your help was greatly appreciated!

To all the sarcastic people out there, yes months ago i was trying,yes its my first year with snakes, yes shes been to the vet and i was told she was not gravid she spent 5 nights there, Since then i have not tried temp control for mating, so no i didnt expect eggs.

well you'd better start preparing for the hatchlings

A good mate of mine was housed in the same apartment as his girlfriend for a while.
Now she's gravid.
They were totally unprepared too.
:D

Good luck with the incubation

You did know,
Here's some of your older posts;)

my spotted female is due 2 lay tomorrow should i have her in a big tub or leave her in her home? & should she b active cause she is more active than usual!

they were mating in April through to late May, not sure on the rest, ill know soon i spose!

You did know,
Here's some of your older posts;)

my spotted female is due 2 lay tomorrow should i have her in a big tub or leave her in her home? & should she b active cause she is more active than usual!

they were mating in April through to late May, not sure on the rest, ill know soon i spose!
People either forget or dont realise that you can go back to older posts ..
NAY .even if you knew all this and still wasnt 100% sure
if you had worded your thread as ...She got me off guard has had eggs ,need to get some good solid advise on how either to let her keep or I take over the incubation ..
been a bad snake mummy ..can someone help me please .. you wouldnt have been flamed ..why because you took responsibility in your actions admitting you stuffed up and waited to long etc ..
Instead you do a "she laid eggs what do I do " and commented you didnt know she was gravid ...but claimed to have had them housed together ..
So from someone like me who doesnt know you ..I asked those questions ..not being a smartazzz ,was actually wanting to know if any of those questions applied to you ..

the smartazz comment that I made, and will admit to is, the "snake condom" one ..not my prior posts ..

Hahahaha Funny thread!!! But like others have said just leave them with mum and she will look after them well and keep the hot end temps up around 30ish deg

Cheers Lewy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back