Help help help!hurry please!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As i said before, i Have forgotten the calcium for a while i think-I Will be giving calcium every feed for a while
I heard that, if she has been under right uvb and is at the right distance a week or two wouldn't make her get mbd. If she is digging like crazy she is probably pregnet. If you don't have sand in her enclosure get a little sand box so if she is pregnet she can lay.

How would we give her sunlight?-We have UV tube lighting and all??And i don';t think the vet is open!!>??

Take her out into the sun. She should be fine if it is the calcium. I have missed MANY feeds in a row with no calcium and my beardies are fine. I don't know about the shedding thing, when there are still bits of shed on my beardies they have never gone crazy like this.

Observe her behavior.

Good luck.

Why is everyone throwing advice without asking its age, temps, what its been fed, if its been with a male etc??

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi Dougie
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Try ringing vet below see if they can help with any advise dont know if you can mix up a past with the calcium powder? How many times have they had woodies maybe try giving him a bath[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Address: 655 Safety Bay Road Warnbro WA 6169.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ask for Dr Bruce Moore:[/FONT]

• [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Phone: 9593 1797[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Fax: 9593 4097[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Mobile: 0418 916 291[/FONT]

Don't trust UV lights, they are unpredictable, and flouro types give a very different output of UV than sunlight. Heating is also changes calcium usage. Low calcium levels will cause stroke like conditions, so if she is looking a little odd, walking in circles, not acting normal, unstable head movements ect.. then it's calcium 100%. Gravid beardies will just walk around digging in corners, but it's pretty hard to miss a gravid beardy, eggs are usually easily felt through their skin.

It will be hard to take her out side as we can't hold her as she is like jumping off us, wen normally we can hold her
If you have a pen or anything you can, she should be fine, she cant die overnight from mbd unless she hasn't had calcium for more then a month etc. Just be calm. I wouldn't be surprised if she was preg though.

Don't trust UV lights, they are unpredictable, and flouro types give a very different output of UV than sunlight. Heating is also changes calcium usage. Low calcium levels will cause stroke like conditions, so if she is looking a little odd, walking in circles, not acting normal, unstable head movements ect.. then it's calcium 100%. Gravid beardies will just walk around digging in corners, but it's pretty hard to miss a gravid beardy, eggs are usually easily felt through their skin.
I wouldn't even trust a flouro, mvb are better, sun is the best of course, 30mins in sun is 12hours under a flouro.

If you have a pen or anything you can, she should be fine, she cant die overnight from mbd unless she hasn't had calcium for more then a month etc. Just be calm. I wouldn't be surprised if she was preg though.

Yes she can, Metabolic Bone Disease it a blanket term used to cover a few different problems, when the calcium level drops in a dragons blood supply, they die in a fit, and it only takes minutes.

Yes she can, Metabolic Bone Disease it a blanket term used to cover a few different problems, when the calcium level drops in a dragons blood supply, they die in a fit, and it only takes minutes.
Well all cases I've seen haven't died the first night, I've seen beardies that have had no uv no calcium for 4months+ and haven't died yet? I'm sure there are beardies that die right away. But if he has just noticed this I don't think she will die right away.

so if she is looking a little odd, walking in circles, not acting normal, unstable head movements ect.. then it's calcium 100%.

I remember reading that ear problems can cause them to lose balance and stuff aswell? Could it possibly be that?

Well all cases I've seen haven't died the first night, I've seen beardies that have had no uv no calcium for 4months+ and haven't died yet? I'm sure there are beardies that die right away. But if he has just noticed this I don't think she will die right away.

I have bred BD without UV for 6 years without any problems, I have bred them in UV, I have even had a case of MBD in a female kept in Sunlight all day every day, there are many factors contributing to calcium issues and UV is only part of the picture when keeping BD's in captivity. Of course without seeing the animal first hand, it is impossible to say for sure what it has.

dought she will die if its just skin on her nose, get him in a little ammount of warm water no hotter that 30 C with a lid so the humidity can get the skin nice and hidrated and spray or splash abit on her. but mate im not a vet try get the skin off and see how she is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back