Help help help!hurry please!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*
how old is the dragon?
What has it been fed?
Is it in with another male?
Does it look like or can you feel marble sized bulges in its belly?

Not much you can do at this time of night, i you think it may be gravid put in a large container with moist sand etc, otherwise call and get it to a vet as soon as you possibly can.
Keep it warm and keep handling to a minimum until you know what is wrong.

edit: if your worried about taking it outside, you can buy long birdcages that are around knee height for around $50 at markets, on ebay or shops like the reject shop, go lo, the warehouse etc
Make sure you have a shaded section in it, as well as water

As long as possible, I have been told many times 5 mins under the sun is as good as 1 week of uv light.

she will need hours every day untill she is eating well. If you are serious about keeping dragons, you should probably invest in an outdoor sunning enclosure.

She is 2years old, being fed medium crickets, she is a western bearded dragon, there is another 1 male and 1 more female in with her, i have never seen mating,Dont think i have felt eggs, but she dug in her hide then came back out and sat in her vegie bowl and slowed down?Glaring at us??

Why are her lights on at this time of night??? Over heating and keeping them active for 15 hours of the day will contribute to low calcium levels. Heat and light them according to what they get naturally. Please do a google search on hypocalcemia, you will learn alot of info from various sites.

Unfortunately mate, not alot we can do.
Possibly compaction, lack of calcuim, something distracting her outside the enclosure, gravid etc........
Best thing is a vet if you cant tell what it is for sure.

We put warm water on tissue and we are trying to pick off the bit of skin on head-it is not coming off?And now she has just got realy weak sort of

If I were you, I'd just let them be for tonight. You're probably adding to the stress she's experiencing.

Then first thing tomorrow, get her to a vet.

Or if you're REALLY worried, ring whichever vet is closest to you:
Dr Craig Challen
Vetwest Animal Hospitals
12 Davallia Road
Duncraig WA 6023
Tel: 08 9246 3981

Dr Elizabeth-Jo Vickridge & Dr Lian Yeap
Unit 10/20 Shields Crescent
Booragoon WA 6154
Tel: 08 9330 2321

Regional

Dr Alan McGregor
McGregor Vet Clinic
72 Blair Street
Bunbury WA 6230
Tel: 08 9721 6778

All professional vets should be able to help you out 24/7, but expect to be charged extra for an emergency call.

Have you actually read any of the posts so far dougie? I know your only a kid but as has already been said over and over get the animal to a vet there is nothing anyone on any internet forum can do.

If you are so concerned the post by Duke has a number for a 24 hour vet,call the vet and take it from there.

There is nothing we can do, as Ramsayi said, take some advice from the other posts. Don't pick the shedding off her face.

If I were you, I'd just let them be for tonight. You're probably adding to the stress she's experiencing.

Then first thing tomorrow, get her to a vet.

Or if you're REALLY worried, ring whichever vet is closest to you:

Booragoon WA 6154

All professional vets should be able to help you out 24/7, but expect to be charged extra for an emergency call.

I did some work experience at

Booragoon WA 6154

Good place, they keep a good eye on the reptiles there.
I know little about beardies, sorry. Good luck and I hope she's fine in the morning/next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back