Help with sizes for Darwin Enclosure!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Calling all Darwin Python Keepers:
I'm looking at getting a pair of Adult Darwins early next year or Late December this year. I've searched on the net but cannot find ANYTHING useful about the enclosure sizes for these guys. I've found care sheets but nothing on enclosires :rolleyes:

I don't want to write a giant post so keeping it short and simple!
What should the ideal dimensions be as I haven't kept this species before?
Should they be kept seperately or can they be kept together? (I know my head will get blown off for that question!!!)
Temps are around 28-32 degrees C, right?
If I build my own what is the best material to use?
Are they arboreal or semi arboreal?

Oh! And feel free to post some pictures of your Darwin's enclosures!!!

Thanks guys! -Shark

Last edited:
They like to climb to the heights of ya 3 ft high enclosure ...can get away with 5ft long but 6 better....bit like u like a single bed or a king size?...keeping them together well there r heaps of threads on here regarding this delicate subject so im not guna comment apart from i DONT

Alot of people will say 4x2x2 would be sufficient. Which it would be but i much prefer at least 4x3x2 or 5x3x2. The more available space the better. :)
As for them being housed together, lets just say iv'e had my fair share of bad experience so im never doing that again. :?

OI i just read what i put and i meant 4ft lmfriggin **** offffffffffff........but imo 4FT IS WAY TO SMALL LATER IN LIFE...IF YA GET YUR SNAKE OUT FOR REGULAR MAROTHONS THEN YES BUT HEY THATS NOT GUNA HAPPEN HEY?....SRY IN FUNNY MOOD TONIGHT.......**** LEFT CAP LOCK ON ....thats better:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Alot of people will say 4x2x2 would be sufficient. Which it would be but i much prefer at least 4x3x2 or 5x3x2. The more available space the better. :)
As for them being housed together, lets just say iv'e had my fair share of bad experience so im never doing that again. :?
??????????????????

so would 5x3x2 enclosures be good to house 1 adult? Is that LxHxW?

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear i wasnt talkin about darwins ;)
But in my opinion every snake has the potentional to eat one another, so better to be safe then sorry.

Oh JEEZE!!!! That never crossed my mind that they would eat each other....seperate enclosures for sure then!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back